How can she have so much faith in a person she just met?

Kayla pointed to Faye and Tyler bent to pick her up. The oracle turned to all of us.

"Bring us the other oracles by night fall or else."

She gave a dramatic curtsy before walking off into the woods with the man who was meant to destroy all supernatural races in tow.

____

"What are we going to do," Kian asked when we all stood in the office back in the pack house hours later. Holly, Lacey and Nova were in the game room because we all agreed that the basement was the safest place for them. 

"I don't know," I moaned while rubbing my hands over my face. Too much has been happening lately. Way too much.

"What do you think that the oracle could have meant by 'or else', we have the girl now. What could she have over us?"

"I believe that she has put a curse on Lacey and Michael," my father replied, not looking up from the map of our territory," They want us to meet their demands or else they won't lift it."

"What would the curse do?"

"I'm not sure, I'll call the neighboring and ask them to begin to make their way over here and the others to start to flee further away from our own. We should start preparing for battle."

"But there's only 3 of them and a whole pack of us."

"The oracle Kayla is the one of strength and the hybrid has superior agility, strength and speed to us all," I said," Not to mention that his siblings have a pack of their own that they could easily use as back up and the witch is obviously more powerful than we had previously thought."

"I'm also not sure we have the vampires on our side anymore, they swap to the winning side in every battle," Dad said while he flipped through his address book.

"We're far outnumbered on our own, Kian. You should go to your mate."

"You should go to yours, too."

____

I went down to the game room after Kian had gone down to get Holly. When they came back up he had given me an encouraging nod to which I gave him an annoyed frown. I had to wait until he couldn't see me to wipe the sweat off my hands and onto my jeans.

When I was halfway down the stairs Nova and I met. She gave me a smile but it didn't seem as beautiful as it used to. She wasn't as... good as she seemed hours ago. 

"I'm proud of you, Mike. You found her."

"Yeah, but she's a human. She can't be a Luna."

"Of course she can. She's got the stuff to lead, you just have to tell her everything."

"Everything?"

I grimaced at the thought. Telling a human about wolves seemed worse than having a hybrid in the pack house. 

"Yes, and be careful about it. Poor girls a wreck down there," Nova sighed and looked at her belly," Tyler must have done a number on her. She said that he told her about me."

I held back the anger at what he must have done to Lacey and just nodded. Nova gave me an thumbs up and went upstairs. Taking another deep breath I descended the last few steps and thanked god that she didn't have supernatural hearing.

There she was, huddled up in a ball next to the grandfather clock on the far side of the room with tears streaming out of those amber eyes. My feet took me to her before my head even realized I was in the room.

I knelt next to her and put a hand on her head, to which she let out a yelp and pulled herself away from my touch. I kept the pain from her denial hidden.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? You came into my shop this morning and the next thing I know someone is threatening to bite me like some kind of," she trailed off and ran her hands through her hair. I nodded, understanding her confusion.

"Vampire," she looked up at me and I continued," But he's not. He's only half vampire."

"Half vampire? Oh my god, what is happening to me?"

"I know this is all crazy and I don't want you to have to be in this," I told her, taking the hands out of her hair. She lacked the strength to pull her hands away so she just hung her head," I'll only tell you what you want to know."

"I don't want to know any of this," she took a deep breath and lifted her head to look me in the eyes," What are you?"

"I am a werewolf and one day I will be Alpha."

"What am I to you? Why am I here?"

"You are my mate."