XXXIV

Nova's POV

I woke up the next morning with a stone in my heart.

Something's wrong.

I'm receiving a distress call from Tyler's wolf. He's in trouble.

Jumping out of bed, I raced down the stairs. The first person I saw was Luke beside him, Holly, then Kian, Mike, the Alpha and Luna and so on.

"Where is he?"

"He was taken this morning by the western borders," Mike said, taking a step forward to me," The scouts saw him being taken by a brown wold but were unable to get to him in time to provide help."

"Why weren't there faster wolves on patrol? You know that Theresa and Thomas were threatening him!"

"It's not my job to watch out for your mate's safety, Nova."

"It is when his safety imediately effects your own and that of your pack's."

He glared at me and I forced more hate into my own stare. How could he? He knows what could happen if Tyler is in the wrong hands! What if he gets brainwashed? Or tortured? What will we do if he's turned and wants to hurt us?

"If anything happens to him because of this, I will never forgive you."

"It. Is. Not. My. Fault."

"Go to town," I told him as I went to a closet to grab a jacket," I need you to get more supplies for the sick along with more bandages and antiseptic."

He gave me the what-the-fuck look as I stepped out the door. The sun was high and bright, most the snow was well on it's way to being gone. I heard the door open and close before smelling Holly, Luke and the Alpha a few paces behind me.

"Nova, we need a plan if we're going to find him," Apha Jack shouted after me. I stopped and turned to him. He let out a sigh before saying," Holly and Luke will cover the east and south, you and I will take the north and west."

"Yes, sir," Holly said before grabbing Luke's hand and heading in the direction the sun was in hours ago. The Alpha came over to me and we started walking in step with eachother towards the place the sun will be.

Mike's POV

Mom pulled the truck to a stop outside a general store and hopped out of the tall car to land on her feet with a grace only a wolf could manage. Kian crawled out the back seat after I'd gotten out the front.

"I can't believe I'm running errands for the oracle now," I grumbled.

"I know, it's great," I glared at Kian and he gave me a smirk before backing away. I made a grab for him but he ducked out of my way and followed mom into the store.

"Momma's boy," I muttered. A scent caught my attention and I turned my head towards it. Sweet, it smelled sweet. Like honey suckle but with something else in it. Chocolate chip? What a strange smell. I love it.

I followed my nose to the base of the smell and it hit me like a truck. A beautiful girl with dark brown hair and sweet, amber eyes veiled by thick lashes were just over a pink cheek which was beside a pair of light pink lips. Her hands were kneading something while she softly sung some song. French. She looked up at me and offered a smile.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

My mind went blank all except for some insane urge to go closer to her. I heard my wolf say something but I was too focused on this beautiful girl who knew French.

Think, idiot.

"Vous parlez Français?"

"Oui," she replied with a wider smile, I took as many steps forward as it took to get right next to her. 12, I think.