thirteen.

Scene:

Colby drives Ashlyn to the airport and the car pact is formed.

The car ride was painfully awkward and silent for a good ten minutes.

Besides the fact that the radio was on...

I had to speak, I had to talk to her.

Maybe get something outta her if ya know what I mean. 

I wonder if it's too weird that I agreed to drive her? Would she tell Ellie? I don't think Ellie would mind... they're best friends. Besides, Ashlyn doesn't like me that way so whatever, right? When she woke me up, when it was suppose to be Sam, of course I answered for Sam instead of waking him up. Ha.

  "So, why exactly are you going to the airport?" I ask, keeping my eyes focused on the road ahead.  

  "I'm going back to Kansas," She replies, glancing at me. 

Why is she going back to Kansas? What's so important in Kansas that she has to leave us in California? Oh no, was it the 'walking in during a make out' incident? We didn't fuck so I don't see what's the big problem. Well, hell, she did fuck Sam though, that's for sure. Maybe she's embarrassed because I know? Whatever, not like she cares what I think anyways. 

 "Yeah, well cool but why leave now?" I ask.

"Because it's my mom's birthday and my sister is coming too, I guess," She mumbles.

Oh that makes more sense... thank god. Quick, say something before it gets awkward!

"Mama Neil and Kate, nice... I always thought your sister was cute," I chuckle awkwardly. Fuck, why'd I say that? Kate is like twenty-two or something.

"What! You weirdo, why would you ever have that thought," She says, surprised, smacking my arm.

Goodness, no I shouldn't have said that. 

"If it makes you feel any better, I think you're cuter, geez," I murmur loud enough for her to hear. 

SHIT! Why'd I just admit she's cute? I have a girlfriend! She'll think I'm a total creep now, or maybe she'll figure out I like her! No. I don't like her. I like Ellie. Right? 

"Okay..." She says, suspiciously.

Crap, she's on to me!

"So, you getting away from Ellie?" I ask, nonchalantly.

 Definitely trying to change the subject. She better just go along and not bring up me calling her cute. 

"Wh-what, no," She stutters.

Time to mess with her, what I do best, ha. She can't tease me about calling her cute now. Her shit, I'm going to make her feel the awkward.

"C'mon liar, I know you too well. She'd be driving you to the airport and not me if you two weren't being petty," I smirk.

"Don't even start about that night, I just want to forget it so I don't have anymore pettiness."

Hmph. Fine, I guess I'll agree. I shouldn't push it anymore, I was with her best friend. 

"Oh, well I'm good with that then," I say, abashed.

"Good," She sighs.

  A few awkward seconds go by, and for once I didn't know what to say.

For once. 

I wonder if her and Sam are going to become a thing. 

I swear to god if it does though...