Chapter 10

By 7 o'clock, the drunken singing had started and had continued for hours. Everyone lined up and sat on the wooden picnics tables to enjoy the smörgåsbord Mrs. Andersson had prepared. Anders pointed out all of the dishes that had been set out. Gravadlax, a special kind of salmon, accompanied the several kinds of pickled herring. Knäckebröd, or crisp bread, was next to the salmon as well as boiled new potatoes with dill. A herring cake and the strawberry cake Anders said was named, jordgubbstårta, was also on the table along with a sticky chocolate cake and a bowl of fresh strawberries with whipped cream. Can you feel the diabetes?

We sat down together as a group as music played on. Bottles of beer and alcohol were going around while children continued to run around chasing each other. I grabbed a bottle of water letting it replenish my body that actually felt like it was dying. The alcohol was starting to get to me, and I didn't want to end up drunk like last time.

After the feast, everyone spread out relaxing and letting the food settle. Hanna, Olivia, Britta, and I walked down to the water's edge to soak our feet, while the boys hung out by the refreshments table.

"Well, how is Midsommar treating you?" Olivia asked.

"This is better than any rave I have ever gone to and I went to EDC last year." I said.

"That's because you're in love." Britta sang, giggling at the end.

"I am not in love." I laughed.

Anders and I had only known each other for like a month and a week at most.

"Hey, there is no timetable for love." Hanna pointed out.

"True, but I mean come on, we don't even know where this is going."

"Well isn't that the point of being in love? Not knowing where you're going?" Olivia asked.

"I don't know. I really like to know things." I shrugged .

"Well, there is a way to know for sure." Britta grinned.

The girls exchanged a glance, seemingly all thinking the same thing. I raised a brow as they stood up and put their shoes back on. I followed suit then followed them over to a small field of flowers.

"It's tradition during midsommar to pick 7 different kinds of flowers and put them under your pillow. If you do that, you'll dream of the man you belong with." Hanna explained.

"Have you done that?" I asked.

"Yes, and I dreamt of Viktor."

There was a glitter of love in her eyes as she mentioned his name.

"Before you leave tonight, be sure to pick your flowers."

"Okay." I nodded, trying not to grin like an idiot.

It was just a tradition and it didn't mean that I would even dream of Anders. What if I dreamed of Blake. That'd be more like a nightmare.

Anders snuck up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he planted a kiss on my cheek. I reached back, pulling his head down by his neck to kiss his lips. The girls excused themselves to leave us to ur moment.

"Are you tired yet?" he asked.

"No. My feet are definitely killing me, but I survived three nights of raving in Vegas, I can handle this." I assured.

"Did you guys get a room at the hotel down the street?"

"Mmhmm, did you?"

"Yes. Whenever you get too tired, I'll walk you down to the hotel." He offered.