Chapter 28: Red

Harry:

I watch her as she walks into the humanities building that she had mentioned was where her history lecture took place whilst she was giving me a tour. I can tell that she's not wearing any makeup today and I'm shocked at how beautiful she still is. I can't say that all girls pull off the no makeup look, but she does. Of course she does.

I admire her swaying back and forth as she walks closer to the light brick building. Her torn jeans and casual hoodie cover up too much of the curves that I know are hidden underneath. I had gotten a close glimpse of them at her house a couple months ago, and nearly again just a few hours before. She flashes me a smile before disappearing and I offer her a wave.

I don't know what I'm going to do for 3 fucking hours, but I might as well start by walking back to the only place I know here: her dorm room. It's not hard to find, and when I step into the residence building, I notice that the door is locked. Great.

I wander around the residence, finding myself at the cafeteria. I haven't eaten lunch yet and it's already passed 4, so I decide to sit by myself for a meal. I know too well that I never remain on my own for longer than ten minutes. Soon a group of girls has gathered around me and I find myself taking picture after picture with them and their friends. I must say that girls who are over the age of 14 tend to squeal and squeak less when I walk near them, so it's not as headache enducing as other groups. 

Unfortunately, a group of two girls finds a way to chat with me at my table as I eat. I don't particularly mind their company, but they seem to be stiffling the bubbling excitement I can see in their eyes. I drown out the conversation, and I catch moments of it so that they believe I'm still listening. I laugh every now and again while I finish my hamburger and fries.

"So do you want to come with us to a party tonight? It'll be great." The typically beautiful, stick-figure, girl sitting directly in front of me asks. I think her name was Lana, Elena? I'm not sure.

"I probably won't be around tonight, I'm so sorry." I lie as politely as I can.

"Yeah I guess you're probably like super busy." She says while twirling her dark brown hair. With the way she talks I find myself wondering how she even got into this university.

I find a way to leave them once I'm done my meal, and walk out of the residence building. I can't stand not being around Lily, knowing she's so close. I spent the passed 2 months in emotional turmoil, only to fuck up at the first chance I had with her.

I decide to send her a text.

- I'll be waiting outside where I dropped you off. Learn something interesting about dead people, H xx -

I don't expect a text back, so I begin slowly making my way towards the humanities building where I dropped her off. I have to stop every so often to take a couple pictures with some girls who notice me. I can't even walk around a university campus without being recognized, but I guess I'm used to it by now. I attempt to tell myself I am anyway, in reality I don't think I'll ever be used to it.  

"You're so hot Harry!" I hear someone scream from across the campus. I laugh and wave in the direction of the sound.

By the time I reach the familiar entrance of the humanities building, it's only 6:30. I have another 30 minutes to kill, and I decide to sit next to a large tree. I stretch my legs out on the grass and relax my body, closing my eyes and sensing the cold Canadian wind. I've never seen a Canadian winter, but I suppose it must be horrid considering the winds in early October are already chilling. 

"Well if it isn't Harry Styles. Here to see Lily I'm guessing?" My eyes immediately open at the sound of Lily's name and I'm greeted with the unpleasant sight of that asshole from the club. What did Lily say his name was? Mark?

"Ah, Lily told me you were here." I shuffle my body to sit up against the tree and look up at him. The sun is starting to die out now and he hovers over me with a bag slung lazily across his shoulder.

"Did she now? So you two are quite close eh?" He smirks at me and crosses his arm. What does this prick want?

"I suppose. What does it matter to you anyway?" I retort.

"Just curious, I mean she looks like she would be a good fuck that's for sure. Maybe I should ride that, or have you already?" He glares at me from my seat on the grass.

His words fuel the anger I have suppressed for so long because of the media. I can't let it get the better of me, but if he continues, I won't be able to help it. I stand to face him and smirk at the fact that he's a good two inches shorter than me.

"Do you need a reminder of what happened in the club?" I glare at him as I ask my question.

"Hey man, what's got you so wound up? I didn't think you two were fucking yet. Is she that easy? I think I'll gladly have a go on her." He glances in the direction of the building Lily is in. We're still close to it but the entrance is blocked by the corner of the building. 

I attempt to suppress the anger that I can feel slowly boiling inside.

"Fuck off mate." I place my hand gently on his chest but shove him hard enough for him to get the picture.

"Woah dude, don't tell me to fuck off. She's not your property, fair game right?" He makes the mistake of yelling the words too close to my face. 

I stand there and try one more attempt at calming the burning anger.

"I'm not going to repeat myself, get the fuck out of here." I whisper at him.

"Not so tough are you? See in the real world, guys like you never win. Go back to your fancy hotels and screaming thirteen-year-olds. Lily will always be here for a good fuck with me."

I can't manage it anymore and I see red beginning to dot the edges of my vision. Before I can stop myself, my fist connects with his jaw and I don't stop there. I begin hitting his ribcage and shove him to the ground, but he gets up too quickly and hits me back at full force in the stomach. I manage to hit his nose, and I see blood pour down his mouth. I don't even notice the crowd begin to form.

"Someone go get a fucking supervisor or something!" I hear one of the students yell and it causes me to break away from the fight, panting. I look up to see him clutching at his face. Good.

"Harry!" A familiar voice, strained with shock and embarrassement frees me from my caged anger. 

I look up to see a wide-eyed Lily, her hands covering the shock of her open mouth.