Chapter 33: Reality ruined my life

When my eyes flutter open I stretch my arms and legs, groaning from sleep as I feel the tendons in my muscles loosen. I turn my head to see an empty pillow, and remember that Harry slept with me last night. Well, sort of. He isn't here this morning and something in my subconscious memory tells me that he hasn't been for a while now.

"Harry?" I call into the quiet room, streaked with rays of sunlight peaking through the beige hotel curtains. 

I didn't expect to hear an answer, so I'm surprised when he calls back.

"Yeah?" His voice, rough from fatigue, answers from behind the closed doors of the bathroom. 

"Are you okay?" I ask the empty room, turning my head so that the sound travels to the bathroom.

"One minute." He responds before I hear rushing water from the sink.

Soon he opens the door and makes his way back into the bedroom, shirtless. I find myself losing any breath I had at the sight of his bare torso. He's only dressed in black track pants that hang low on his hips, and I refrain from squeaking my shock. I notice that his hair is darker and I realize that his curls are matted from water.

"What?" Harry's low voice snaps me from taking in the sight of him.

"Nothing." I croak. My voice breaks in the middle of the word and I cough to regain control of my vocal chords. "Nothing." I repeat, this time successfully.

"If you say so." He shrugs, but I can see the hint of a smirk on his lips. "I checked on Amy earlier by the way. I dropped her off with, Brandon?" I nod at his correct use of the name, and he continues. "So anyway you have your room back." Harry avoids my gaze while he pulls a beige shirt over his toned body. I nearly whine in protest, but decide against it. His butterfly and sparrows stood out so prominently, I find myself daydreaming about tracing their outlines with my fingertips.

"Earth to Lily?" He's waving a hand in front of my face and I jump as I come out of my thoughts once again.

"Sorry, I guess I'm not fully awake yet." I rub my eyes and lay my head back down on the pillow.

"I can see that." He moves around the bed and lays down next to me.

"What time is it?" I ask and look around the room for a clock, but I can't find one.

"10" He responds simply. I can see the patch of skin underneath the hem of his shirt as he lifts his arms behind his head.

"Shit, my mom should be here any minute." I groan and remove the covers from my body. Immediately I remember that I'm only wearing underwear and a thin t-shirt. I hastily cover my body and look over to see Harry snickering at me.

"Shut up Styles, like you haven't seen a girl in her panties before." He begins snickering even louder and I roll my eyes. "Asshole." I say through my attempt to hide a smile.

"Hey, don't call me an asshole for admiring your legs. You're the one who put them all on display." He flicks his wet locks in my direction and I flinch from the drops that hit my face.

"Okay don't go all shaggy-dog on me first of all, and second of all I didn't 'put my legs on display'." I tell him while air-quoting his words. "Just don't look alright?"

He immediately removes his hands from behind his head and covers his face with them. He makes sure to leave gaps in between each finger, and I see him peering through the space.

"I'm serious Harry!" I yell at him and smack him in the arm. Harry throws his head back and fills the entire room with his laughter. I'm almost left breathless by that sound alone.