Act. XI

"Holy shit..." (Y/n) muttered out as a piece of chicken fell from her utensil. Eyes open wide in shock as they glued on the television she noticed a familiar name running through the headlines.

"Third year student and daughter to Politician Tamaki Tanigawa, Kanon Tanigawa has been reported missing.."

Receiving a whack on her head she groaned and gasped in pain as she rubbed the spot she was hit.

"Do not curse in front of your sister!" Her mother scolded as she gave a worried glance over at the television that was placed on a wooden stand, "Did you know her?"

(Y/n) shakily took a drink of her (flavor of juice) juice as she stared at the television wearily, "I uhh.."

'Yeah I knew her, she was the one who Hiro cheated on me with!' The girl thought before shaking the thought out of her head, "I did she was uh.. One of Hiro's friends."

Grimacing at stating that Kanon was his "friend" the girl nearly gagged as well before she began to pick at her food, (Y/n) didn't like the missing girl but being the kind soul she has she would never wish any harm to happen to her.

"I see.." The mother sighed before she grabbed the remote and turned the television, trying to ease the tension in the room, "How is Hiro anyway? Haven't heard much about him nowadays."

The one question (Y/n) had been dreading for has now surfaced after a good year. Waving her hands around she smiled and laughed at her mom before answering, "We weren't placed in the same class this year so we barely talk now."

Pouting (Y/n)'s mother then sighed, "Aw man I wanted you two to get together."

(Y/n) laughed awkwardly as she cleaned up her and her sisters dishes, "It's not going to happen mom. I don't think we were meant to be together anyway."

"Aw now don't think that way! Your father and I met once and we both didn't think we were going to see each other again! A year later a friend of ours reintroduced us and here we are."

The girl shuttered in slight disgust, 'God I hope that I won't ever run into him again after we graduate..'

"Mommy, what does 'shit' mean?" Mizuki asked innocently, breaking both women out of their thoughts.

"I think I'm going to run and take a shower! Yep! Time for bed!" (Y/n) yelled out as she rushed out of the kitchen and towards the bathroom before her mother could scold her.

∴☆∵∴★∵

It wasn't until lunch time did (Y/n) and her friends really get to talk to each other, and of course the topic of the day had been Kanon. Despite her disappearance most of the student body felt slightly relieved that the drama queen was gone, however (Y/n) felt uneasy with the whole subject. That was the fourth student that attended this school that faced something serious, with what's going on she was sure that the attacker had to have been here at this school.

"Hey (Y/n), you're not looking well." Kazuki said as he once again stole another one of her egg rolls.

"I just... Why isn't anyone worried about Kanon and the students who were attacked or murdered!" (Y/n) broke out in fear, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes, "This is scary. All the victims were students here at our school. Isn't anyone afraid one of us is next?"

The group looked at her in shock due to her outburst while other students on the roof decided to leave downstairs to avoid hearing the topic the girl just blurted out. There was an awkward silence until Yuu decided to speak.

"I think the students are glad that she's gone, I mean I know I am" Yuu stated with no bother, "The other students were shown to have connections with the Shi No Misaki, I wouldn't be surprised if she did too."