➽Chapter Forty Five

It's the night of The Catalyst Moon! Shits about to go down!

The night of the Catalyst Moon. The birth of Asxairo. The grounds of The Catalyst Oath.

These events seemed to form the big day as the sun rose up from its slumber, brightening up the clouds in hues of pepper gray and island yellow. The wind outside was strong, filled with so much force and the birds in the sky soared high, crying their songs to the heavens.

Even the water in the lake itself seemed to shake with fear and anticipation, a clear blue that seemed to turn dark as the hours passed by.

All around Serius, festivals began. Decorations hung on the roofs of houses and stores, the streets covered in apex beads and silver dust to celebrate the moon. Children dressed in colorful clothing, their best with detailed stitching and beaded strings plaited into their hairs. The beat of drums, the sweet tunes of flutes and even the strums of guitars and harps danced all the way from the market square to the mansions, people dancing with each other along the way as they celebrated.

Immortal worshipers walked around in gray cloaks, chanting words of ancient languages, the mark of the moon clear on the forehead and the aroma of spices, sweets, and greens and liquor danced in the air, a day for true celebration.

Inside the protective doors of Draco's mansion, everyone bustled around, preparing the necessary needs for the big day. Yongui and Venix practiced the spells and ancient words they were to utter under the oath while Castrin and Lucien sharpened swords and weapons.

Draco was reading books of the past oaths in the living room while Alesandria was out in the garden with her mother and brother, feeding the shapeshifting horses and tending to herbs. She had requested a personal day off for a few hours, hoping it would calm her beating heart.

Meanwhile Onyx and Rheynoak sparred upstairs, their personal swords clashing against each other as they did so. The Mind Siphon was quick, learning his defenses and weakness at first glance but the Hell Siphon was cautious, making sure to wait out his attacks.

She grunted as he aimed a kick at her shins, causing her to stumble and giving him enough time to turn her around and circle his sword around her neck. "Not so slick now, sweetheart" he rasped into her ear, his breath tickling her skin.

"You fool" she simply replied, grasping a hold of his wrist. A scream tore from him, moments of his life flashing before her eyes in quick lights. Anguish and pain and suffering shook her body, her guts twisting.

Growling, she turned around and aimed a kick in his abdomen. His body flew, a hiss escaping his lips as his back met the wall, the snapping of his bones rattling in her ear. "Bloody hell, I forgot how strong your kind is."

"Never forget it" she replied back to him, helping him up. Rheynoak groaned, grasping a hold on her fingers as he pulled himself up, his sword in his other hand. "It's hard to forget certain things, trust me" he replied back, holding her onto her hand.