➽Chapter Thirty Eight

HIII RHEYNOAK *SWOONS A MILLION TIMES*

After years of friendship and loyalty, Lucien Northorn couldn't believe the proof that laid in front of his eyes, proving that Rheynoak Casvionel had completely lied to him

After Venix had confronted him about the anonymous note tucked inside his book, the Hell Siphon spent day and night looking through the tribe leader's notes for any sign that backed up this proof. The thought of his only friend lying to him was a bit unbelievable, to say the least, knowing that while the tribe leader was cruel, he certainly wouldn't keep a secret like this from him for this long.

Yet as soon as he dived into the notes that he had stolen from the tribe leader and carefully read through them, the truth hit him like an arrow through the heart. It was all there, all hidden in plain sight from him. The magic within the castle had revealed what Rheynoak had kept hidden with his own magic.

Outside where there was little magic, the text was hidden in plain sight but inside his own room where magic practically surrounded him, he saw the texts on the paper, various notes that the tribe leader made about his discovery of Alesandria months before any other tribe had heard about it.

Months before he told him.

And the notes extended even further, proving that Rheynoak was already planning to assign Onyx the tasks, in fear that the 'other ones' would get to her first. Everything Lucien had said to him - every word, every fact - he was already one step ahead.

Piling the notes into order and folding them neatly on his bed, Lucien pushed himself off his soft sheets and walked over to the large table that boasted in the corner of his room alongside his wardrobe. The books him and Venix had retrieved - The Witch Book, The Book of Aysein, and the nameless forest green book were all splayed out into from of him, all the pages gone.

While going through the books, Lucien had also discovered that the hardcover interior of the books before the first page covered it also held pieces that connected together to create the incomplete picture of The Catalyst Moon. To better understand, he had carefully torn the pages out altogether in one rip and aligned them, turning them this way and that way.

They all seem to fit so perfectly, the bare hardcover interior of the books fitting together so perfectly. The picture nearly complete was nearly complete.

It boasted the nearly completed masterpiece that was the picture of the Catalyst Moon, symbols of moons and Witch signs and ancient words written around the dangerous moon that seemed to stare back at him, taunting him. It all made sense, why these books were hidden in a place no one could find them.

Even the purest of hearts could turn dark by staring at the masterpiece.

But it was missing one more piece of the puzzle that would complete the picture. Just one more. And the Hell Siphon knew how to fix that.