➽Chapter Forty Four

Alesandria trained vigorously the next day

Alesandria trained vigorously the next day. She woke up before dawn broke through the stormy skies, put on her best clothes that Draco had kindly provided to her, and made sure to keep her newly sharpened dagger with her.

Training was every bit as difficult as she predicted. First, Draco and Castrin led her over to a near mountain just on the outskirts of the lake and demanded her to climb it. Needless to say, she earned herself many cuts and bruises as the crumbling stones nearly took her life. After that, she practiced more mental training with Yongui, Venix, and Onyx before sparring with them and learning to use her powers to her advantage.

It wasn't easy calling on to her powers, knowing that her powers liked to make unsuspected appearances in the midst of fear and anger and confusion. But with the help of not so pleasant memories and angry slurs, bright lights of her magic shot from her veins and we surprisingly a little more tameable.

After being mentally worn out, Lucien and Rheynoak taught her the ways of a desert warrior. Rheynoak was less engaging as his unhappiness with her decision still weighed on his mind but even Alesandria had to admit that Lucien was a skilled fighter. His moves were smooth, perfectly times and his fingers knew their way around weapons and blows.

He taught her how to perfectly time her moves, how to avoid the jabs a sword and the quickness of her feet when under attack unexpectedly. The Hell Siphon made sure to not miss a single step with her as he taught her his ways of a true desert warrior.

Towards the end of her training, Alesandria had to put what she learned to the tests. She up against everyone, hybrids and powerful immortals of all kinds. Compared to them, she was a mere human with a heart that did nothing but bleed for mercy, for pity.

First, Onyx attacked her with her sword, knocking her on her feet before Rheynoak took over to throw her against the walls. That was all the encouragement it took for the village girl to come on strong. She fought with the anger and pain that burned through her veins, the years of backstabbing and hunger that flashed through her mind and the undeniable feeling of what it felt like to be on top of the world for once.

Blood and sweat dripped down her body as she dodged hits and pushed back harder than she ever had before. The immortals around her recovered each time, stronger and faster but she made sure to memorize their attacks and use them against each other.

The evening was already in the night sky when everything was finished. They had all cleaned up and took a break, exiting the training room and sitting down at the long table in the dining hall. The delicious aroma of dinner that Parcia was cooking drifted from the kitchen, the sounds of Eros laughing as he helped his mother.

The rest sat at the long dining table, discussing what was to be expected tomorrow. Lucien had brought out the books that fit together to create the map of The Catalyst Moon, Yongui picking up the forest green book in her hands and turning it around.