I cut him off right there, "I fight."

"So we were outnumbered from the start," he continued like I didn't say anything, "The-"

"I said something so don't ignore it, God dammit!" I yelled, clenching a fist, my voice full of power which even shocked me. Why am I so mad at him for simply just ignoring me? Oh right, I'm always bursting with anger for no reason. I don't think I'm ever genuinely happy. It's like they only emotions I can feel are negative.

"Ariel Angelo! You will not speak to me like that!" he yelled back.

The Daniel I knew never ever yelled. To angels he was the most gentle, caring guy ever. This just further worried me and I wanted- scratch that-needed to know what was going on.

"Just tell me what's going on!" I said, in a falsely calm voice. He was clearly stressed and I didn't need to make him more upset.

"I was before you interrupted me. We are losing the war Ariel." he said, sounding more calm then before.

My jaw dropped open. Even when we were in the very worst of situations he never would admit defeat. Angels are not quitters and when the going gets tough, we get tougher. 

"We need help from another species. Obviously demons and witches are out of the question since they are on hell's side. We already have the vampires help but it's not enough."

"So we have to ask someone on Earth?" I asked, trying to grasp the magnitude of this.

"Yes. Now we could ask wolvens but they already made it very clear they what they think of assisting us. So we are going to need to ask a different species most probably unless by some miracle they can be convinced to help us."

Wolvens are werewolves but have powers. There is only one wolven pack. Years ago we asked for their help in The Great War. We won the war but they lost a lot of members. There numbers dwindled so low their species almost went extinct. So from then on they cut ties with us and basically blamed everything on us for 'dragging' them in the war when I'm pretty sure they came willingly.

Wolves aside, if I had water in my mouth I would have spit it all out. A-another species? We haven't contact with another species in decades, no centuries! After the Great War they cut off all ties with us, saying we were nothing but trouble.

"We will need someone to go to Earth and personally ask for their help. Now, I can't go nor can any of the other elders because we need to ensure heaven isn't completely destroyed. All the male angels are out fighting and female angels can't fight... except one." He smiled at me at the end.

"Y-you want m-me to go to Earth?" I asked, pointing at myself, astonished and stuttering. I was stuttering! But how could I not? He always tried to protect me and now he's sending me on a dangerous mission? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Yes, Ariel. You are perfect for the job. You're well very... different... from the other angels. Maybe you'll be able to get through to them better." He said, though he sounded slightly strained.

"Wow. Okay, I'll go." I said, trying to mask my excitement. I will finally get to leave heaven! I felt a little bit of warmth at the pit of my stomach. I was getting to do something important! Daniel trusted me! 

Overwhelmed by the foreign warm feeling spreading through me, I jumped forward and hugged him.

I'm not the affectionate type. I don't think I have hugged anyone in years. Actually I don't think I've ever initiated a hug. People have hugged me but not vice versa. He was startled and stumbled back a little before hugging me back and kissing the top of my head.

Okay, that's a littttttle too much love for me. I pulled back and frowned, "Daniel, I don't have my wings yet! Remember, I don't get them until I'm seventeen? How am I going to go down to earth?"

"Will you ever call me Dad? Even father would suffice or guy-who-raised-me! And you'll be riding a pink unicorn! You've met sparkles, right?"

"WHAT?! NO WAY! I AM NOT RIDING A FREAKING UNICORN! I am not going to go if I don't get a better ride!" I said, horrified. Just picture me, in a leather jacket with my belly button piecing and ray-ban aviators on a hot pink unicorn! I shuddered at the thought.

He chuckled before saying, "Just kidding, you'll be riding a dragon."

"No! Fucking! Way! An actual dragon?!"

"Language, but yes. But before you get all excited we need to go over some safety concerns, supplies, where you will go, and you will need to research different species to ask for help! Also you will need to call me every day with reports and I will be putting a tracker on you! You know what... i think this mission is too dangerous! What were the elders thinking? You're only sixteen!" he rambled.

"What? No I am definitely going! I am sick of being stuck in this f-"

"Language!"

I let out a breathe. This was going to be a long day.