Chapter 14

Romans P.O.V

I sat before my desk at dusk. The sun wasn't awake and the whiskey on my desk swirled with ice. Pillows and lamps were tossed across the room.

Why?

Because she won't escape my mind.

Everywhere I look. Whomever I see. No ones smile compares and no ones eyes are as gorgeous. I lay my head back against the bridge of my chair. My heart pounded and my mind was loud. Every idea and thought was making me quiver.

I grabbed my medication and drops. Carefully placing then into my corneas and taking two pills with water. My eyes shut and I was back in that darkness again. The same dreams, the same thoughts cascaded my mind.

Her natural rose and coffee scented aroma filled my nose. My eyes shot open and there she was sitting on the window sill.

She looked out towards the rain that had just begun to pour,  rain drops hitting the tarmac hard. She wore a white silk dress and her natural hair fell down her back. Her hand was raised to feel the rain and her smile grew as each rain drop fell.

Her eyes moved to meet mine and it that moment she disappeared.

I got up abruptly and ran towards the sill.

My right hand clumped into a fist and hit the wall above me, why is she doing this to me? Why?

I sat by the sill staring out at the rain,

in hopes that if I stare long enough she'll return.

IN THE MORNING

I woke up, my head laid against my window. The sun was bright against my face and the heat radiating off was an unusual warmth, one I liked.

My eyes opened and closed again, not used to the bright morning sun.

I got up and walked back into my bedroom, I checked the clock and realized I needed to be at the office in

30 MINUTES?!

I ran my hand through my hair, this won't do.

I have never slept in or been late. Roman Darren, the CEO has never done that!

I called in at my office and left a message to inform the receptionist that I will be working from home today and to send Ms Jules here using the company car.

I dressed into something appropriate and chowed down a protein shake and bacon.

I walked into my office and opened up my laptop and began typing away.

Responding to emails,

accepting and declining event requests,

planning business meetings,

checking company stocks

and so much more that my mind was still processing.

My maid buzzed and I let her in. 

"Roman, your assistant is here, shall I send her in?" She asked.

I nodded.

My maid has been working with my family for ages, she's practically like a second mother. She is definitely not afraid to scold me when needed.

It's nice to have someone who doesn't need to fear you, it keeps me humane.

I hear a gentle knock at my door and it creaks open.

In walks Adeline in a nude pencil skirt and a blue lace top that extenuate her curves. Her hair is straightened and she has clipped the sides up into a half up bun.

She looked breathtaking, immensely beautiful.

"I apologize for the change of office, but for today I just need you to email out all the invitations for our business launch party and hire our usual caterers and bar tenders." I tell her. I don't usually apologize to someone but she had made an adjustment out of the blue which I felt I need to apologize for.

"Yes sir" She says, and goes to the table set up in my office.

Realizing that she will be in front of my eyes all day, I panicked. I couldn't focus with her in the room so I decided that I need to keep her busy. 

"Ms Jules, inform my maid that I need a cup of coffee, black." I said and she whispered a yes and headed out.

Moments later, her phone rung.

...

Knowing that it would be rude to answer, I let it ring until it went to voicemail, 

Please leave your message after the tone,

Hey Ember get your fat ass home soon tonight, we're ALL going out tonight to get turnt, See you soon hun

My fists clenched against my keyboard, it's that fucking asshole from the coffee house.

How dare he?

Who the hell talks like that?

There is no way she is going home early for this, in fact she can stay late tonight.

What does he think, he can just steal her like that.

What am I saying?

I don't own her, she can do as she wants. I'll let her go early tonight.

I can't be territorial over something that isn't mine.

Something that can never be mine.

...

Adeline opens the door and brings in a cup of coffee and a coaster, she places both on my desk.

A piece of her hair falls out of her bun as she places it down.

Without knowing what I was doing, my hands went up to tuck the strands of hair behind her ear, my hand cupped her cheek and I just looked into her deep eyes, which seemed to be endless, 

until my laptop pinged.

RE: MEDICAL

Dear Mr Darren,

This is a reminder that your 5 year surgery check up is in a week from today. Due to the seriousity of this surgery we must keep you for overnight observation. Thank you.

Dr. Benjamin
Health Care Professional
Optometrist -Specialist
Hope Hospital

A/N- thank you all for the reads, votes and comments. I love to hear from you guys. What do you think is going to happen next?