Chapter 12

Adeline's P.O.V

I ate my unexpected dinner as I drove to the airport to pick up Axel. I was still so shocked as to who had sent some food for me. It couldn't have been Vivian or Dylan as they had offered to take me out, it couldn't have been Destiny because well she's just not that kind of woman, but that just leaves Mr. Darren. 

Not a chance.

I'm just some other employee to him, he wouldn't do so.

I pushed away these thoughts and pulled up to the ARRIVALS section of the airport and waited for Axel to walk through by the side of my car. Axel was supposed to return a week or so ago but decided to stay longer as his parents had decided to start touring the world next month.

He is a big mommy's boy, which is adorable. He still calls his parents daily and has never forgotten a birthday, anniversary or mothers/fathers day. His parents and him were always close they didn't even care that he was gay. They told him that as long as he was happy he could do whatever he wanted.

His family also accepted me and Willow as their own.

Willow and I are so excited he's back. We've missed our best friend.

Especially Willow as she now has someone to go clubbing with, those two have always been the crazy ones.

I feel someone grab my waist and I quickly turn around to see Axel.

I smile wide and jump on him.

He laughs loudly and swings me around while hugging my body tightly.

"I missed you so much Ax." I whisper to him.

"Right back at you Jules." He says as he puts me down.

I look at him up and down and see that his hair is a lighter brown, he looks extremely tired and has a slight tan.

"Ready to go home?" I ask him.

He nods as he knows that Willow and I told him to stay with us for a while.

We get into the car and start to drive back towards the apartment as we start to catch each other up on what has happened.

"Trust me Jules there was this hottie on the plane with a jawline so sharp that I could have cut fruit with it. Oh and his stubble was just so yum. But unfortunately he was like 5'6 meaning too short for 6 foot me." Axel says.

I laugh, as we turn onto another street, "you honestly can't keep it in you pants Ax." I tell him.

"Oh trust me hon it is worth it. Anyway what about you? Any hotties in your life?" He asks me.

My thoughts drift to the incident that happened in the conference room, his body being so close to mine, his eyes gazing at me softly.

My head shakes back to normal.

"Uh not at all. You know me I am not big in the dating game." I tell him.

He scoffs, "you are so gorgeous, I'm sure there are guys dying to just sneak a glance at you." He says.

"Well there is no guy so" I say as he cuts me off.

"Really, then how come Willow said you and your new boss are cooking up a little something." He says with a smirk on his face.

"There is nothing like that at all. He literally looks down at me and barely speaks. Trust me he is just my boss, nothin more, nothin less." I tell him.

"Yeah okayyyy sure." He says and I can feel a blush creep onto the sides of my face.

"Wait stop by your old coffee shop I am craving a donut and coffee." he says, I laugh and park the car at the side of the road as we both leave.

He grabs my jacket and drags me into the shop as he starts looking at the display like a two year old. I laugh and teasingly pinch his cheeks which he does not find funny. I laugh louder. He chuckles softly and gives me a side hug before placing his order.

"Jules you want anything?" He asks me.

"No I'm good Ax" I say with a smile.

I sit down at a table and pull out my phone to text Willow that we'll be home soon. My gaze starts scanning my old place of employment and I recognize the three boys sitting in the back, my breath hitches as I see one looking back at me.

Carlos,

Damon,

and Mr Darren, the one who happens to be staring right at me.

I avert my gaze and Axel returns to our table with two donuts and a coffee. I look up at him and raise my eyebrow, 

"Two donuts?" I ask him.

"Well I didn't wanna look like a foodie so I just brought you one too and look it's your favorite so eat it please." He said with a pout.

I smiled lightly as we did a dorky donut tap as if they were champagne glasses.

I looked to my side and saw that the three men were leaving. Mr Darren's eyes were still on me but, Carlos caught my gaze too and the three of them started walking towards us. Carlos and Damon looked happy, but Mr. Darren he just looked plain angry. Fists and jaw clenched. 

Axel looked up at the three men and smiled brightly.

"Adeline it's so nice to see you again." Said Carlos.

"Nice to see you too Carlos." I said.

Damon and I shared hellos too and I smiled lightly at my boss, before introducing Axel.

"This is Axel, my-" I was cut off by Axel's cell phone ringing.

He got up and excused himself but returned quickly.

"It was Willow and she said and I quote' get your asses home right now'" He said, I smiled lightly.

"Well it was great seeing you guys again." I said.

"You too." Said Damon

We picked up our food and started walking off, 

"Good night Mr Darren." I said to my boss, who nodded his head while staring at Axel and I.

We started walking off and Axel held my hand, not that I minded but he just never held my hand like this before, I looked at him and he just winked and smiled.

We got back into our car and just as I closed the door I saw Mr Darren's limo pass by and his eyes were lingering right on mine.

Small world, he seems to be everywhere.

I get in my car and we drive back, Axel didn't say a word and I assumed he was just tired, but the Cheshire cat smile on his face said otherwise.

We arrived home and he rushed to get upstairs after grabbing his duffel bag.

Willow and him exchanged huge hugs and started planning when they were going to go out and I just laughed, glad my two best friends were both back here and that everything was great.

In fact it was more than great.

A/N- What do you guys think of Axel??? What are your thoughts on the book so far?? Thank you all for reading and voting.