Chapter 6

Roman's P.O.V

I still couldn't believe my eyes. It was her, the girl I saw a few days ago. How can that be possible? How does she know Carlos? I was cold, arrogant, rude and disrespectful but she completed every task with a smile and perfection.

She is so mannered, kind, who is she? Why is she so caring? Is she putting on some act? No, it can't be an act, no one is that good of an actor. I head towards the cupboard she just sorted, it was done perfectly by date and within each date the files were organized by meeting and importance. 

I could still feel the aroma of her natural coffee like smell. The scent of her sweet perfume was still in the air. The presence of an angel, the room felt kinder, it felt welcoming. I clear my head of such a thought. I head back to my laptop and open up her file from the human resources department.

Full Name- Adeline Ember Jules

Her name sounded so majestic. The way the letters roll off the tongue was remarkable. Adeline.

Parents- Deceased 

Deceased? I wondered. How can she be so smiley when her parents are dead. There isn't even a glint of depression in her eyes. Her eyes shine with happiness. She looks as if she has everything she wants in the world. 

I think back to when she was in my office. Her curvy body bent over, filing. Her full thighs and slim upper body. She looked to be someone who did a lot of running since her legs were toned and tan. The way her legs went on for days. Her hair flew down her back so beautifully, she would gently tuck a curl behind her ear every few minutes. 

Whoever she is she is hiding something. A past? No one is that perfect, no one is this kind. She's a liar, she's faking it, she has to be. Why is she such a light? She shines with beauty and love like the goddess Aphrodite. What am I crazy?

She probably has a boyfriend or fiance and even if she doesn't why do I care? She's just like the rest. She's different and you know it says the voice inside my head. How can she be? What is it about her that draws me like a moth to a flame. Her eyes? Her hair? That smile....

Gosh that smile could kill....

I stare at the clock and decide that I should pack up and head back home, clear my head from her. Just as I go to close my laptop the phone rings,

"Speak" I demand.

"You know I love it when you boss me around" Purrs a voice.

"Who is this?" I question.

"The woman who shows you a good time on the regular" She says.

I think hard to see who I have been toying with recently. Oh gosh it's Destiny.

"Destiny what do you want!?" I yell.

"Calm down baby. I just wanted to tell you that I have decided to come with you to your business conference next week." She says as if she is doing me a favor.

"I really don't care if you come or not" I tell her brutally.

"Well I'm sure the cameras will miss me so I will go" She huffs and hangs up the phone.

God I really need to start screwing woman who have at least some sense. Shit. 

I get in my car and start to drive home, as the driver stops the car due to traffic my gaze shifts to the rainfall outside. The drops of rain falling hard against the pavement, the water flying from the pressure to form puddles on the ground. 

Rain...

The sound of rain brought back many times of darkness, times when it was all I could feel... I look around the street to see people rushing to get in a cab, fighting over who goes in and who doesn't. Men and women pulling their kids with them, people yelling and screaming at the sky as if it was to blame for the rain.

Then I see her again...

She's leaving a coffee house, Layla and Mark's Coffee House reads the sign. She exits the building and looks up towards the sky, her large square shaped glasses being covered with the droplets. She takes out her hand to catch some of the rain, she pulls down her hood and lets the rain fall over her dark curly locks. She slightly shakes her head and smiles at the sky. 

Then she starts to walk, slowly and freely. The car moves in the same direction as her until she turns left, by instinct my hand goes up to the window. My eyes fall to my hand which seems to feel cold.

I shake my head aggressively and growl internally. How could I let something so stupid affect me? I am Roman Darren I do not care for woman I remind myself. My mind cooperates,but my heart reminisces the time I spent with her. Her quirks, her eyes, her smile, her habits...

I grab the bottle of whiskey in front of me and pour some into the glass. I swirl the drink around and take a sip. Focus Roman....Focus.

Authors Note- Hey to all! Thank you to anyone who has been reading, voting and commenting. A reminder that these chapters aren't edited. Also I am trying to update weekly but if not for sure the week after. :)