Chapter 21- It's Finally Over

It wasn’t long before Niall’s lips met mine. His lips were covered in blood, but I didn’t care. I heard Anna’s voice in my head again. “Thank you…thank you for making him happy again. You were the only one who could make him feel better…make him believe in loving again. Please…be good to him, never hurt him, he’s very fragile, very emotional” she said. I smiled at the thought. Suddenly, I heard the fireplace moving, I pulled away from Niall and screamed. “Shit! We’re screwed!” I yelled. Rick moved it completely out of the way and came into my view. He had a knife is his hand, ready to chop one of us up. Niall and I screamed and held onto each other. “Say goodbye!” he yelled. Suddenly, I heard the front door burst open. “Drop the knife!” the cop yelled. Rick dropped it and turned around, I looked past him. 4 cops came running in, they grabbed Rick and dragged him outside. The cop I spoke with on the phone came running over. “Come on out…you’re safe now” he said. He helped me and Niall out and helped us outside. We got treated for our injuries outside. I watched Rick get put in one of the cop cars and get driven away. I sighed…it’s finally over. After we got treated, I got up and walked into the field a little more, it’s actually a beautiful field, lots of flowers and trees, it’s a beautiful view. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. “Liking the view?” Niall asked. I turned around and looked at him, he was all bandaged up and cleaned off, I smiled. “Yeah” I said. He walked up next to me, he sighed. “Oh um…sorry about getting blood on your lips earlier” he said. I laughed. “It’s ok” I said. “Look um…about…earlier” he said. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck. “You think I cared?” I asked. At first he looked shocked, then he started smiling. “So…you…” he began. “Like you? Yes” I said. “Does that mean…you’ll…” he began again. “Be your girlfriend? Yes” I said. “Will you let me finish!?” he asked. “No, you’re too slow” I said. He laughed. “You know…you’re probably going to have to stay in Ireland for the trail, you’re a witness” he said. I felt him place his hands on my waist. “Well…then I guess I’m here for a little while longer” I said. “I don’t mind…you’ll have to stay at my place, I’m sure my parents wouldn’t mind” he said. “Well that’s good. Speaking of your house…can we get back there? I don’t think I wanna stay here any longer” I said. He laughed. The cops drove us home, and hopefully, that’s the last time I see those cops. Niall asked them to go back to the hotel and get our things, they said they’d gladly go. When they drove off, Niall looked over at me and smiled. “I never thought in a million years the girl I’d fall in love with would be from a place that’s so far away” he said. I laughed. “Same. I mean, a boy in Ireland? Never crossed my mind” I said. He walked up to me and grabbed my waist. “Well I’m glad Anna found you, if she didn’t, I don’t know what I’d be doing right now, probably still be crying in my room” he said. I smiled. “Come on, let’s head inside and show your family you’re alright” I said. “And tell them about my new girl” he said. He picked me up and carried me inside. I had never seen such a relieved look on a person’s face until I saw the faces on Niall’s family. They were so happy to see that we were ok, and after everything I did for them, they were more than happy to say “welcome to the family” and allow me to stay with them.