Chapter 18- Calling For Help

We got back up into the living room. I looked on the floor and saw Rick lying there. “Holy crap, you weren’t kidding” I said. “Nope, now come on, we need to find our cell phones so I can call the police back in Mullingar, they’re the only ones that follow this case” he said. “Wait…our cell…” I began. I felt my through my pockets, my phone was gone. “He took out phones away when he knocked us out” he said. “He knocked you out too?” I asked. “Right after he knocked you out” he said. I sighed. “Why did any of this have to happen? I mean, there is nothing positive coming out of this whole experience!” I said. “I disagree” he said. I gave him a weird look. “What do you mean?” I asked. “There is one positive outcome of all of this” he said. “Which would be what?” I asked. “We met each other” he said. I looked away at the thought of it. Yeah, for him, he may have met a new friend, but for me, I met a man I’ve come to love and but I’ll never be with. He walked right up to me and looked into my eyes. “Alright, let’s start looking, we have no idea when Rick will wake up, we need to find our phones fast” he said. We ran in different directions and searched the entire house from top to bottom to find them. As I went to go back into the living room to tell Niall I didn’t find them, he looked at me with a smile. “Look what I found in his bedroom” he said. He lifted up both of our phones. “Niall, you rock!” I said. He tossed my phone to me, I put it in my pocket. “Thanks, now call those officers back in Mullingar and get them here as soon as…” I began. I froze when I saw Rick behind Niall with a knife in his hand. “NIALL! BEHIND YOU!” I yelled. It was too late though, Rick swung the knife and stabbed Niall in the arm. Niall screamed and fell to the ground. “NIALL!” I yelled. I went to go help him up, but Rick attacked me. “You little shits! Trying to take me on, bad decision!” he yelled. He started punching and kicking me. After a few seconds of that, he grabbed his knife and aimed it at me. “Say goodbye you little bitch!” he yelled. As he went to go stab me, Niall jumped on his and wrestled him down to the ground. Niall looked back at me. “Rae! I dropped my phone over there, get it and call the police!” he yelled. I looked over and saw his phone under the table. I got up, grabbed it and ran into another room. I locked the door and backed away from it. I went through Niall’s contacts and found the number for the police. I dialed it, it started ringing. “Come on, come on, pick up” I said. Suddenly, the cop that almost threw me in an asylum last week picked up. “Hello Niall, what can we do for you?” he asked. “Please! You have to help us! We found Anna’s kidnapper, but he’s attacking us and stabbing us! Please, drive here as fast as you can, we need help!” I yelled. “Whoa, whoa, calm down miss. Where are you guys?” he asked. “We’re in an abandoned house in the middle of an open field, near Shannon airport!” I yelled. “Ok, we’ve got people on the way. Just hang on until we get there. Is Niall ok?” he asked. I started crying. “I don’t know, he’s out there fighting with the guy, I’m locked in the guy’s bedroom” I said. “Ok, we’ll be there as soon as possible, stay hidden” he said. He hung up, I hope they get here soon.