Chapter 19- Hiding Away

Suddenly, I heard Anna’s voice from above me. “Rae!?” she asked. “Anna!? Please, help us! What can we do until the police get here?” I asked. I was still in tears, I was worried sick about Niall. “You need to hide, somewhere he can’t find you” she said. “Where would that be, this house isn’t exactly a mansion” I said. “There is a small storage section he has behind his fireplace in the living room. Even he doesn’t remember it’s there, if you can lure him into another room, lock him in for a minute and get you and Niall inside and hide there for the 2 hours the cops need to get here, you’re home free” she said. “Anna, you rock. Wait…is Niall still ok? I left him out there alone” I said. “I’m not sure, go check please, I don’t want another Horan’s life being taken away this year” she said. “You got it Anna” I said. I unlocked the door and slowly crept out of there. I heard the fighting still going on in the living room. I have to distract him and lock him into another room somehow. I peeked out from behind the wall and saw Niall and Rick still fighting. Niall was bleeding really badly from his arm, I couldn’t bear to look at it anymore. I took a deep breath and jumped out from behind the wall. “Hey! Asshole!” I yelled. Rick looked up, he grabbed a knife and slowly walked toward me. “Oooo, I’m SO scared…come at me!” I yelled. He screamed and started chasing me. I ran through the hallway looking for something to block a door with so I could trap him. Then I remembered…the key to his office! I ran back through the hallways and into the living room, I saw the key on the table where we had first found it. I picked it up, I looked down at Niall, he was lying in a pool of blood. “Stay strong Niall, I’ll be right back” I said. He weakly raised his arm and gave me a thumbs up. I saw Rick come out of the hallway, I ran through the other hallway and into the office. “I’m in the office tough guy, come and show me what you’re made of!” I yelled. A few seconds later, he was charging at me. When we went to go swing the knife at me, I rolled under him and closed the door. I locked it with the key and quickly grabbed a chair from the other room. While he was trying to unlock the door, I shoved the chair under the handle. I heard the door unlock, but he couldn’t open it. “You little bitch! Open this door! You can’t escape the house, I have the lock to the front door, it’s no use!” he yelled. I quickly ran into the living room and moved the fireplace out of the way, I saw the door. I opened it and ran back to Niall. “It’s alright Niall, we just have to hide until the cops get here” I said. I picked him up and carried him into the storage room. I pushed the fireplace back into place, but left a little space for me to crawl in. After I was in, I pushed it back into place from the inside. I sat down and started breathing heavily, I’ve never been so scared in my life. I looked over at Niall. “Are you alright?” I asked. “Yeah…for the most pa…” he began. He suddenly started to pass out, but I caught him and he woke back up. “Whoa Niall, you’re not ok, you’re losing too much blood” I said. He looked at his arm, it was still bleeding. I looked on all the shelves, I saw surgical bandages on one of them. “Perfect” I said. I grabbed them and started wrapping them around Niall’s arm. When I finished, he looked up at me and smiled. “To think that just a week ago you were a stranger…I can’t thank you enough for helping me…and Anna” he said. I smiled and looked up, what else could I do?