Chapter 9

Chapter 9           

Her mother was passed out on the floor. She had a liquor bottle in her hand and was stretched out on the floor like a homeless person.

                On the living room dresser was a large powdery brick that looked like a bar of soap.  Sonja knew it wasn't soap. She also saw a small piece of the "soap" was missing meaning she had broken Notorious B.I.G's number four rule of the Ten Crack Commandments. Her mother was getting high of her own supply.

                Sinclair Taylor tried to be a good mother. She was a teacher when she met Theodore Richards. They went out one night and ended up sleeping together. Sonja was the result. Richards was a police officer who thought he had enough love and money to take care of Sinclair as well as the baby in her stomach.

                Sonja had the best crib, the best toys, and she would always be in the newest clothes. She loved her father to death. They were inseparable. Until one night, when she was eleven, she witnessed something that changed their whole relationship and ruined her perfect family. Until that night, Sonja nor her mother knew how Richards really made his money. Then soon after that, her paradise fell when another incident took place that took her own innocence.

                Sonja didn't want her life to be another sob story. She dreamed that she would have the ideal household and that she would someday be a famous actress. But dreams fade and reality bites hard. Her reality was staring at her right now, as her mother lay on the floor unconscious to the world.

                Sonja didn't want Wisdom to come in. Even though she was still shaken up about what she just saw, she wasn't ready to have him in her world yet. She told him she would be all right and not to worry. She was glad she did because he didn't need to see the woman that made her looking like this.

                Sonja would have picked her mother up and put her on the bed but it was best that her mother didn't be disturbed. Sinclair Taylor was a good woman but once she got that white powder in her, it was no holds barred. She would be ranting about nothing and picking on everything. Sonja just went in her room and closed the door.

                Sonja couldn't believe what she had just witnessed two hours ago. A man had been shot right in front of her. She knew what guns could do. She held one many of times even today as she threatened to give Brian Dean a sex change with one flinch of the trigger. But she never seen a firearm actually used on a person. It was brutal. She wished she would never have to go through that again.

                Her mind shifted to Wisdom. He took total control. He never flinched. She felt perfectly safe with him.

                "I hope he makes it home all right," Sonja said to herself.

                Sonja walked around her room. She had to admit Wisdom had surprised her with his charm and his strong stature. She first considered him as just another pretty boy but he turned out to be more than that. He was a person that knew what he wanted in life.

                She flopped on her bed and replayed the date minus the last part. She really had fun. She would have stayed with him but she needed some time to herself. She never witnessed someone get murdered. The movies nor books never really prepare you for seeing it up close. Real bullets were shot. Real blood was poured. No director yelling 'cut, that's a wrap'. It actually happened. And she was a witness.

                That really got her nervous. She was a witness. She didn't see their face but still they saw her. What if they recognize her? They might end her life like they did that guy. There was no remorse. What surprised her was that they didn't shoot Wisdom and her. In fact, one of the gunmen looked at them in recognition. Maybe she knew the shooter. Sonja went into her mental rolodex. No one she knew was a straight murderer like that except for Raekwon and she didn't know that for sure. She just heard too many rumors.