Too Late, The Damage Is Done

"I could do that for you, but I won't." Axel said sporting a mischievous smirk and an evil look in his green eyes while sitting on his black 2017 Harley Davidson Low Rider.

"Why are you being so difficult, Ax?" Xander questioned him, ignoring the urge to punch the look off his friend's face.

"If I wasn't, my life would be boring and don't we all need some excitement these days?" Axel replied in a mocking tone.

"Dude, I only trust you to do this, plus you did it last time, so what's different now?" Xander yelled, finally fed up with his bullshit.

"Chill out bro, I was just screwing with you. You know I'll help you, we're like parabatai." Axel finally spoke, moving from his seat on his bike toward the angry grey eyed boy.

"I need it in two days. people are getting impatient. Tomorrow night, be at 4126 Shadow Creek Woods Drive at 11pm exactly. Tell them you're picking up the package for me. Just go in, get it and leave ASAP. If something goes wrong or doesn't feel right, shoot me a text. And please be careful." Xander said in a tone Axel couldn't quite decipher.

"You sound weird bro, you good? Is there more to this that you're not telling me? How dangerous is this exactly?"

"About a seven but you'll be fine. Just do exactly what I told you. I'm even gonna give you my gun. It's fully loaded but don't take it off safety unless absolutely necessary."

Xander handed his gun to Axel, but not without ensuring the safety was on first. It must have been serious for Xan to give it to him since he never let anyone touch it. Before Axel could question why Xander couldn't do it himself, he was already gone.

Twenty four hours quickly passed and it was time for Axel to head out to get the package. Prior to leaving the house, he dressed in his all black attire, grabbed his helmet and put the gun in the waistband of his jeans. After locking the door, he hopped on his motorcycle, and drove toward the location.

Meanwhile, Xander was having second thoughts about sending his friend to pick up his package. I should've just gone and got it myself. This is so stupid, they're going to kill him. I have to fix this, he told himself, quickly deciding to go make sure everything went accordingly. He threw on some clothes, got in his car and got on the highway. Shit, there's traffic. But why? It's almost midnight. He knew he couldn't just sit there so he got out of his car and began running. Down the highway, in the streets, even through people's backyards. He was going to save Axel one way or another.

Axel pulled up to the address, double checking the text he had received from Xander earlier with the details, ensuring he was at the correct place, It seemed abandoned and gave him weird vibes, but he ignored them and made his way toward the door. He opened it and instantly he knew something wasn't right by the multiple sets of footsteps he heard coming toward him but he didn't have time to react before a light flashed on causing him to realize he was surrounded by about fifty men with large guns, that were pointing at him. He turned in a circle looking for an exit but it was no use. he was trapped.

Xander soon arrived and he knew something was up. He quickly kicked open the door, notifying everyone of his arrival. The thing was, he didn't see Axel anywhere.

"Looking for this?", a large man with a thick Italian accent questioned, pointing to a dark corner.

Out of the shadows came two burly men, dragging a person behind them. It was Axel and he was unconscious. He had a black eye, a busted lips and his arm looked twisted the wrong way. His shirt was bloody and there were slits in it. They looked like stab wounds.

"Your little friend put up quite a fight but as you can see, he lost," the voice mocked "Wake him up boys, he should be awake for this next part."

Immediately, the men began slapping and kicking Axel, causing him to cry out in pain. They forced him to his feet and walked him over to the opposite side of the room. They pushed him, causing him to fall to the floor. He didn't even bother trying to move, he was in too much pain.

Seeing Axel in this state, pissed off Xander and without thinking he charged at one of the men, punching them with a considerable force. He fought with everything he had, successfully taking out about twenty of the men when the Italian accent said something that caused him to halt his actions.

"I think you should stop, considering the fact that I have a gun to your friend's head. I mean you can continue, but I think you should see me blow his brains out."

Xander didn't know what to do but he did know that he refused to let Axel get hurt anymore because of him. He turned around and charged at the large Italian man but he didn't notice the person pointing the gun at him. Both the Italian and the other man cocked their guns and aimed at their targets but suddenly the door was busted open.

"This is the police, put down your weapons!" a voice yelled

But it was too late, the damage had already been done.