Chapter 14

Shal twisted her wrists trying to loosen the rope around them but couldn't do so. She stopped when she heard footsteps approaching. The door opened and an angry Caroline walked in.

"When will you let me leave. I already did what you told me to do. I want to see my sister. I want....."
Caroline pulled her hair interrupting her. Shal almost cried out because her grip on her hair was painful.

"This is all your fault. Damon has refused to sign the divorce papers. I don't know what you did to him but I won't give up. He will be mine and you will pay for coming between us."

Caroline tried her best to make Damon forget about Shal since she kidnapped her. She had even gone to the extent of sneaking into his bedroom and waiting for him naked but it had achieved nothing. He rejected her and threw her out.

Me!!
She thought.

Caroline stared at Shal with hatred. It was all her fault but she wouldn't give up. She pushed Shal to the floor and left.

Shal felt happy and sad at the same time. Damon not signing the papers showed that he cared about her and didn't want to let her go. This made her happy. She was sad because she wasn't going to see him or her sister anytime soon.

She continued trying to loosen the ropes around her wrists. She looked around. She spotted an old glass window. She crawled closer to it as her legs were also bound and saw that some parts of it were broken. She looked around on the floor and saw a small piece of glass. She tried to pick it up but failed. She continued to try but she still couldn't pick it up. She was determined to untie her hands.
She would her best to escape and return to Damon and Emma.

***

"I want to go in too. That's my wife in there."
"You can't sir. Let us the police handle this. We will bring your wife back to you safely."
Damon was furious . The police didn't want him to go in with them.

They were in front of an old abandoned factory. On getting there, they had seen Caroline's car. That, with the fact that the old factory was one that had initially belonged to her father before it went bankrupt and was closed, proved him right when he said that she had a hand in Shal's disappearance. She had also been trying to get him to take her back.

The police officers took their weapons and went into the factory. Damon felt useless as they left him behind. Jesse tried to calm him down but he was restless. He wanted to see Shal.

He started to pace.

***

"Come on, come on"
Shalimar tried to cut the rope around her wrist. She had finally succeeded in picking up the piece of glass. She was now holding it between her wrist trying to cut the rope.

"Yes"
She felt the rope loosen and fall away. She saw that she cut her fingers and her wrists but she didn't mind. She started to untie her legs. She stood up and stretched her legs. She looked around for something to open the door with. She saw a small metal on the floor. On closer look she saw that it was a steel pipe. She picked it up and found out that it was quite strong.

She heard hurried footsteps coming towards her. She sat on the floor, hid the pipe, put some rope around her legs and put her hands behind her pretending as if she was still tied up.

Caroline opened the door and walked in with her thugs. She hit Shal and roughly pulled her hair.
"Bitch, I am so going to deal with you. You are the cause of all these problems and now the police are also here."
She turned to her thugs.
"Go and be on the look out. Hold them off. Shoot them, kill them if that is what it takes. Make sure they don't find us. I will sneak out the back and deal with this bitch here before I join you. Go."
They pulled out their guns and left.

While Caroline was busy giving her thugs orders, Shal had a plan. She knew that Caroline had lost her patience and was likely to kill her as soon as her thugs left them. She wouldn't let that happen.

She stealthily removed the ropes around her legs. She looked and saw that no one was paying attention to her. She brought her hands, with the pipe in it before her. She hid it and then settled on the floor in a crouch. No one noticed what she was doing. She knew she had to be fast. She waited.

The thugs left in a hurry. As soon as Caroline made to turn to her, Shal rushed her and hit her on her face with the pipe. Caroline was surprised, she didn't see her coming. She fell with a thud.

Shal dropped the pipe and stepped out of the room. She moved towards to exit. She heard numerous gunshots and cries of pain. She hid in a corner.