Chapter 4

Shalimar stared at her reflection in the mirror. The ivory colored gown was beautiful. She couldn't believe that in the next one hour, she would become Mrs Bolt. She thought about how all this had come about.

*

On getting home after her meeting with Mr Bolt in his office, Shal got a call from the doctor in charge of her sister. He let her know that Emma's heart condition had worsened. She now had only two weeks to live due to her heart's rapid deterioration. This could only be avoided if they perform the heart transplant. Luckily, there was an artificial heart available, the only thing remaining was the money she had to pay before they commence the operation. She told him that she would get back to him.

The phone call from the doctor helped her make up her mind to accept Mr Bolt's proposition.
The next day, she accepted his proposal when he called.

Damon had gone into action, arranging everything so that the wedding would hold a week after she accepted. Shal's sister, Emma was transferred to the hospital's intensive care unit and she was being prepped for the operation.

*

"It's time"
Shal was startled out of her thoughts by her friend, Lexa.
Shal turned to look at her friend.
Lexa was the one who helped her get ready for her wedding that morning.
"Thank you for all your help Lexa . I really appreciate it."
Lexa came closer to her and carefully hugged her so as not to wrinkle her gown.
"It's no problem. That's what friends are for."
Shal took a deep breathe and walked out of the room.

***

Damon looked at his watch again, wondering what was keeping Shalimar.
"She will be here soon. Don't worry."
Jesse, his best friend who was also his best man for the wedding assured him. Jesse knew the reason behind his sudden wedding and he fully supported Damon.
Damon's thoughts went back to Shal. He hoped she didn't chicken out. She might think that theirs was a marriage on paper only but he was going to prove her wrong and have her in his bed in no time. He had wanted her from the first day he met her but couldn't act on it because she was his employee and anything between them would be a violation of the rules against employer/employee relationships. Now with this situation, he would get what he wanted. He would have her and at the same time retain all that was rightfully his.

The wedding march began and he looked up to see her walking towards him. He pulled a lot of strings to make this possible and seeing her assured him that it was worth it.

Shal reached his side, he took her hand and they turned to the priest officiating the wedding ceremony.
"Dearly beloved, ....."

________________________________________________________________________

Hello readers, what do you think about this chapter?.

The single star at beginning shows that Shal was recalling the events that came after the star.

Do remember to vote and also comment.

Thanks for reading.