Chapter 3

Damon's secretary called him.
"Miss Smith is here to see you, sir"
"Let her in"
Damon looked up as Miss Smith entered his office.
"Good day, miss Smith, have a seat."
"Thank you, sir."
She sat down and looked at him expectantly.

Damon opened one of the files on his table and looked at her.
"It was brought to my notice that you sent in a request for a donation"
Shal nodded when he looked up at her.
"I am also aware of the fact that the money you need is for your sister's medical bills."
"Yes, that's true. Has my request been approved?"
Shalimar felt her hopes rising.
Was this it? She thought.
"Am afraid, no. As you already know through our website, this year's quota for donations has been exceeded."
Shalimar was very disappointed and looked downcast.

"I have a proposition for you"
Damon saw her look at him with a confused expression on her face.
"I believe that you can help me solve a problem and I will in turn help you too."
Shal became impatient.
"What is this all about sir, pls just go straight to the point."

"I want you to marry me."
Shal stared at the man before her. She was stunned and didn't know what to say.
Maybe I didn't hear him right She thought to her self.

"Excuse me, I think I didn't hear you right, did you just ask me to marry you?"
"Yes I did. You will be helping me solve a problem and in exchange I will help you pay off your sister's hospital bill and you will have money for her heart transplant that is needed to save her."
Damon watched her to see her reaction.

Shalimar didn't know what to say. She had always wanted to marry for love but this was an opportunity she knew wouldn't come twice. She could finally give her sister proper health care. But to marry Mr Bolt, she didn't think she could do so.

"May I ask why you are doing this? and why me? I know there are other women who will be very willing to marry you."
Damon was impressed. He knew that any other woman in her shoes would have grabbed his offer and tried to milk him for more money through it.
"I have my reasons. As for other women, I don't want other women for this. You are perfect for this role."

Damon meant what he said. He could still recall the first time he met her. She was with her boss, Mrs Rita, an interior decorator. She was down to earth and different from his other women. He could not ask her out because she was an employee in his company. Even though he could have helped her straight away, he saw an opportunity to get all he wanted: his inheritance and her and also help her treat her sister.

"You don't have to give me an answer right now."
"So, can i think about this for some time?"
"Yes, you have until tomorrow afternoon. I will call you by twelve sharp to know your decision. Remember, this is for your sister."
"Thank you sir. I will have an answer for you when you call."
She stood up and left.