02

Jungkook was finally able to look at her without turning beet red. He'd shoved a shirt and boxers at her and then bundled her up in a blanket for extra cover.

She was pale, almost translucent and her hair was a shimmering white. But that wasn't the most startling thing about her, instead of normal human ears, she had two cat ears twitching atop her head and a white tail that she's curled around herself before he bundled her up. Her two canines were slightly elongated. She was a real-life anime cat girl, and though he already had his suspicions about her identity he asked anyway;

"Who are you?"

"Kitty!" she beamed. Jungkook sighed, it was only six thirty and she was already chirper.

"The cat from school?"

She nooded and extricated herself from the blanket. A bright blue kitty-bell winked at him. The same one he's seen on the cat that was following Namjoon.

"So, what are you doing in my room?" he asked, stifling a yawn. He was not made to be awake at this hour on a Saturday morning.

"I was lonely." She whined. Jungkook sighed at the childish answer.

"What does that have to do with me? Don't you live with Namjoon or something?"

Kitty frowned at that. "He can't see me. No one can see me, except you. So I followed you here and I'm going to live with you until Namjoon-oppa can see me."

"You what...you know what, never mind it's too early for this. I'm going back to bed, maybe you'll disappear by the time I wake up again."

She was still there when he woke, this time in cat form. Jungkook sighed, what was he supposed to do with an invisible cat that turned into a childish teenaged girl? He went downstairs to make himself cereal and poured a bowl of milk for the cat. He remembered reading that cats don't necessarily like milk so he fried up some bacon too and carried them upstairs.

She drank all the milk and snubbed the bacon. Shows what I know, he thought to himself.

"Kitty," the cat looked up with golden green eyes. "Can you turn back to human form, I need to talk to you."

There was a blinding sparkle of rainbow light and she was back in human form. Naked.

"Clothes please!" he cried.

"Is Kitty your real name?" he asked once they were settled.

"I don't think so." She answered but her attention was on the overhead fan that was being spun lightly by the breeze blowing in through the window.

"You don't remember your name?"

She nodded.

"What are you exactly?"

She shrugged.

"Why were you following Namjoon?"

She looked at him them, eyes sombre. "Because he's sad. I don't want him to be sad."

"Why?"

She shrugged.

This was going nowhere. He was stuck with a magic cat girl and he didn't know what to do with her. Then he remembered what Gayeon had said to him yesterday. Maybe she knew something about this. He called Jimin and asked him for her address since they were classmates. After a round of questions and teasing, Jimin finally gave him the address. He told Kitty to switch back to cat form and told her to follow him. She jumped up to his shoulder and remained there as Jungkook walked to Gayeon's house.