Wedding and Frightful Fights

Start from the beginning

"We were... wait, what's wrong?" I asked. "Why aren't you ready?" 

"Hahaa... funny story. The makeup artist has to attend a funeral and now we're waiting for the backup artist." 

"WHAT?" Amarah asks, making her youngest child cry. "Umar, please don't do this right now, my child." She said holding him tight to her chest as she patted his back. "Yo... Abu...Samaar... Abu Bakr just barfed on you." I paused as I slowly turned my head to look at the big blob on the yellow abaya I was wearing. 

"Ya Allah... why? Oh, actually it's alright. I just have to clean it up. Khatirah, at least go change into your bridal wear. That's the least you could do." I said. 

"Oh, right... I was sitting here for the last three hours freaking out... Wait! You guys were supposed to come early!" 

"Haha.. funny story... Sheath didn't wake me up on time." I say sounding angry. "And I got read within thirty minutes. Horrible I know." I said, nodding. 

"Poor Sheath... waking up next to a monster like you." Khatirah says and Amarah nods in reply. My jaws drop. 

"What are you guys trying to say?!" I asked horrified. 

"You're always degrading the guy. Give him some credit." Khatirah explains. 

"I do...n't." I say ashamed. "I really should go and apologize. I've been a monster." As I stepped out of the room, leaving Abu Bakr with Khatirah, I saw Sheath with his friends and slowly there were girls surrounding them... they were all in all looking at Sheath. My heart dropped and when he saw me, I turned away and started walking in the opposite direction to the bathroom. When I went in I stared at myself in the mirror... Sometimes I know Sheath is too good for me. I don't even understood how he fell in love with me. He could have married a super model but he chose me. He's smart, good looking and he's by far going to be an amazing doctor and an amazing father. I'll just have to try my best. I can do it. My top priority should be to please Allah. What I did in the morning to Sheath was indeed disastrous and uncalled for. I starved him like the monster I was. I don't think I should start crying in a place like this, but.. the tears of mine were in an unstable state. I closed my eyes, and whispered to myself, "You can't cry, you can't cry, you can't. Hold it in and do it for the sake of Allah. Come on, don't cry." A smile formed on my face and I looked at the mirror once again, reading the du'a (supplication) that my mom was proud of teaching me when I was a kid. 

"Allahumma anta hasanta khalqi fahassin khuluqi (O Allah, just as you have made my external features beautiful, make my character beautiful as well)." When I left the bathroom, I saw Sheath standing outside, flipping through his phone. When he saw me, he stared at me expressionless. 

"What's wrong?" He asked me, as he observed my face. 

"What do you mean?" I asked in a broken voice. 

"You ran away after seeing me, and you looked super scared too." He replied. That angered me. I don't want to cry! If he brings that up, I'm going to cry... 

I walked away, and he walked next to me. "There were girls surrounding you." I said at last and opened the door to Khatirah's room as I walked inside and shut Sheath out. 

Sheath

Was that really the only reason? How am I supposed to not attract attention?! Too bad guys can't do niqaab. I shrugged my shoulders. When I looked in front I saw a man looking where Samaar had entered. Was he staring at her? 

I walked up to the guy, glaring at him. "Why were you staring at my wife?" I questioned, getting straight to the point. 

"What? Dude that was your wife?" The guy asked, breaking out of his trance.