#29 Aldub Confidential

Fiction/ Kathang-isip

© @mainedcm IG

Alden & Maine have a full week ahead. In between shoots, Bulaga & their day to day grind, they can't squeeze time for babe time. Which made them both a bit cranky.

Alden found her inside the van during a break in the barangay, going through her email. A deep frown with matching pout on her adorable face. He can't help but sneak a kiss of her luscious lips.

"Baaaabe!!! Akala ko free tayo pareho today? Ba't biglang may meeting ka?"

"Anong meeting?"

"Sabi ni kuya Sam ikaw daw nagsabi to pencil in the meeting at 3:30. I thought we're finally spending time together? Pabebe whine.

"Oh! Umm, sandali lang yang meeting ko, babe, 40 minutes, tops."

"But I thought we're having late lunch together, sa 'yo nga ako sasabay pauwi, di ba?"

"We can still do that, I'll drop you off the condo para makapag pahinga ka na muna. I will meet with them sa area lang. Quick lang 'to, promise!"

After their JFAAFJ segment, they both bid their colleagues goodbye. Alden was seen bringing Maine  to her van, kissing her cheek, she left the barangay using EB's white van, while Alden rode his.

His van is discreetly tailing the white van with Maine onboard. A few minutes  away from the barangay, out of sight of the fans & onlookers, the white van's left signal light flashed, the black van behind it followed suit.

Then the van in front entered a private basement parking, followed by the black one. Inside the parking area the two vans stopped side by side. The white van's door opened and two, brawny Rogelios got out, looked around, while opening the door of the black van.

A figure wearing a black cap and dark shades quickly dashed from the white to the black van. Rogelio 1 quickly closed the van's door and got back into the white. The black van accelerated ahead towards the exit, followed by the white van. Outside the parking area the black van turned right while the other van turned the opposite direction.

This happened in one minute and fifty-four seconds! Damn, we're good! Thought Rogelio number 2, patting the driver on the shoulder.

This van switching makes Alden & Maine miss each other more. It's hit & miss for their drivers to be able to find a private place to make the switch. So when they see each other again, even only after a few minutes, it's as if they've been apart for a day. The driver and MT usually look away to give them some privacy. Right now, there's no kissing but Maine is sitting on Alden's lap, comfortably wrapped in his arms. They just lay there looking out the window, in comfortable silence.

After dropping Meng off, he fished out his phone to call someone.

"Hi! I'm along Julia Vargas, saan na po kayo? I can pick you up & talk dito na lang sa van ko para po may privacy tayo."

He was instructed to go to the parking space at El Pueblo since the group has been waiting there. They parked beside the white CRV as instructed. Two guys went out to knock on his van. Alden automatically extended his hand as the guys entered his van.

"Hi, I'm Alden."

"Pleasure to finally meet you, I'm Allan & this is Brian."

"Sorry we had to meet here and medyo I'm in a rush."

"Naku, maraming salamat that you found time to meet us, kahit short notice. And don't worry, we know how busy you are."

"So, how can I help you?"

"It's about Maine, she is now number 1 on FHM's sexiest list. I know you're kinda iffy about the whole thing but.."

"Did you try to reach her management about this? I mean, why come to me?"

"We've been sending invites for a meeting to her & to her team, but we never got a response back. I just want to talk to you to sort of get the picture. Ok ba sa kanya or ayaw nya? Kung may pag-asa ba kami to get her as our cover girl..?

"Umm, I don't want to speak for her but since nandito na tayo, she really is not comfortable posing for your magazine. Not because I don't want to but probably because of her Tatay whom she respects so much."

"Kahit fully-dressed?"

"Umm, it's a men's magazine, pare.." He said flushing, he's been trying to keep his cool but just thinking of men, men with sketchy background at that, gawking at her makes him want to hurt someone.

"Ok, I got your point. I respect your decision."

Alden sighed deeply, he didn't want to appear unprofessional and uptight. He knows both he & Maine are public figures hence the demands for such.

"To tell you frankly, I just very recently got the hang of seeing her in a bikini all over social media. Then I saw an IG post on FHM Asia.. whoah! Baby steps, pare!" They all shared a laugh.

"Understandable, you've got yourself a keeper. She's sexy without even showing some skin. A potent combination of innocence & sultriness."

Ok, enough!!! I can only take so much!!! Ayokong masira ang all-around good guy rep ko!!! He thought in dismay.

"Well, maybe after a few years, and after a few babies?" Alden said, laughing, trying to make light of the situation.

"Uy, malapit na ba, pare?" The two men are obviously interested to know, chismoso lang ang peg.

"I'm working on it." He smirked.

"Wow! Good to know, and I'll get back to you after a few years, usapang lalake yan, pare ah. Let's pinky-swear on that! Hahaha!"

"Kung papayag si Maine, why not? I'll help you convince her. After mga say.. 3 or 4 kids?"

"Bakit may specific number ka talaga?"

"Sabi nila, a woman sometimes lose herself once she starts a family. She might need help to boost her confidence and find herself again, if the offer will come."

"I heard so many good things about you, I'm happy & privelege to witness it myself. I'm rooting for your happines & your happy ever after. Keep our sexiest girl happy, ok?"

"I will, I promise!"