#16 The Weekend

FICTION| Kathang-isip
Apologies, no proof-reading done. Mature subject matter, not for the young audience!

He's so happy he captured Maine's reaction on camera. Alden volunteered to take care of the itinerary of their free time, perfect for his planned surprise. Maine gave him hints on where she wanted to go. But this is not on their list because of time constraints and other issues.

She was speechless for about a minute then she gently hit his arm excitedly. "Oh my god, totoo ba 'to?? We're really going?"
Then she hugged Alden really tight, in full view of everyone in the Fontana di Trevi.

They're talking about their get-away trip all throughout dinner. "Uhhh, Maine, about the trip, it's just the two of us, no one else is coming with us."

"Umm, pano si Nanay? I mean, I couldn't just leave her & baka di siya papayag na tayong dalawa lang." She suddenly felt down from her earlier high.

"Nagpaalam na ako, tayo lang kasi dalawa binigyan ng pass to fly to Paris eh. Pero don't worry, Ms Jenny & the others have plans din & kasama si Nanay don."

"What? Nagpaalam ka, pumayag siya??? I should've met you earlier, ambait ng Nanay ko sa yo, I would've gotten her to say yes to a lot of things."

"Syempre I had to convince her na trustworthy naman ako & I will take good care of you."

"Trustworthy ka, eh ako?" She joked.

"Don't worry, Meng, wala sa usapan namin kung ikaw mag-initiate, so pwedeng pwede. Arayko! Tapang tapang mo magbiro tapos mapipikon ka din."

The night before their trip, Nanay & Maine had a tète a tète inside their room.

"Meng, pinayagan ka namin ni Tatay dahil may tiwala kami sa inyo ni Alden. At alam namin na di niyo sisirain ang tiwala na yon."

"Opo naman, Nay!" She quickly agreed.

"Pero Meng, lakasan mo at tibayan mo loob mo, alam kong mahirap. Ang gwapo gwapo pa naman ni Alden!"

"Jusko naman, Nay, salamat sa tiwala niyo sa kin ah! Porket gwapo eh, ganon na lang tingin niyo sa kin?" She was shocked by her mother's words.

"Biro lang pero alam ko naman mababait at masunurin kayong mga bata. Basta kung feeling mo nagiging mapusok ka na, magdasal ka!"
"Nanay naman!"

They arrived in Paris past 9 in the evening, both of them were glued to Maine's window when their cab passed near the Eiffel Tower. They
clapped their hands in excitement & hugged like little kids.

Their hotel is right in the heart of the city & walking distance to all the sights, therefore very expensive. Maine's eyes widened at the room rates when they were checking in.

The clerk at the reception raised his eyebrows when Alden said two rooms. He whispered to Alden, "are you sure two rooms, this is the city of love, monsieur!

"You know what, give us one room with two beds." Alden's mouth hang open at what Maine said. He didn't argue in public so he went ahead with her. "Ah, perfect!" The clerk said in his heavy French accent, winking at Alden.

Once inside the room, as he was about to start talking, Maine said, "nakita mo ba magkano ang rate per night? Alden, ayaw mo akong mag chip in sa gastusin dito & besides, matutulog lang tayo dito pero the whole day nasa labas tayo, sayang ang pera."  

"Pero magagalit sina Nanay.."

"Relax, no one needs to know, they trust you, I trust you."

"But still, I really don't mind paying, baka di na tayo maka-ulit pag nalaman nila."

"Magsusumbong ka ba? It's super impractical to pay that amount, di ako makakatulog sa sobrang mahal niya. Can you please relax? Di kita re-reypin, wag kang mag alala."

"Di naman rape yon kung willing ang victim."

"Wooshoo, wag ka nga, Father Alden, I'm going to take a shower now para makakatulog na dahil bukas papasyal ako sa Paris, wiiiiiiiiih!"

Just like that she disappeared inside the bathroom. She emerged wearing her pink pajamas with little bunnies.

"Your turn, Monsieur Faulkerson!" She said with a bow.

His knees grew weak when he entered the bathroom. It smelled of her & immediately felt dread. He said a silent prayer for strength.

He found Maine on her stomach checking her phone. She asked him what time they should wake up so she can set the alarm. All this happened with her eyes still fixed on her phone.

He made himsef comfy on his bed & looked at her. "Huy! Bat di mo ako pinapansin? Meng!"
"Wait lang, Alden may binabasa lang ako."
"Late na, ilagay mo na dito sa table phone mo para makatulog na tayo. We have a long day tomorrow."
"Ok po, eto na po."
They were facing each other & they both suddenly laughed.

"Thanks for coming with me, Meng. I am so happy I'll experience Paris with you."

"Thanks for bringing me here, ayoko nang malaman what it took to make this happen. I'm also happy to experience this with you."

"Wala bang goodnight kiss?"

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"Kala ko ba matapang ka?"

"Are you provoking me, Monsieur Faulkerson?"

"Probably."

"Matapang ako pero gumagana pa isip ko, you can try again some other time."

"It's a deal."

"Tigil na harot, love, matulog na tayo."

"I love you."

"Je t'aime mon amour"

He chuckled & turned off the bedside lamp. After about 30 minutes of tossing & turning..

"Meng? Love?"

"Yes?"

"Di ako makatulog."

"Pikit mo lang mga mata mo."

"Tabi ako sa yo, please?"

"Alden naman eh, you're making this difficult."

"Cuddle lang tayo, promise!"

"Walang kiss ah, promise mo yan.Mapusok ako!"

He's laughing while transferring to her bed. They both instantly fell asleep in each other's arms.

- TO BE CONTINUED -