30: Crazy night that chances things for the better

Before I knew it, it was the late night of our mini vacation before we left in the morning. To say I was exited for this to be over was an understatement. Mainly because I haven't kissed Ben since the incidence at the beach, and I am forced to share a bed with Colton who only wants to make out. I can't begin to imagine what Ben's going through.

Apparently since it's the last night at the beach house, Colton wanted to throw a party. Of course Carson was really on board with it it doesn't surprise me. As everyone already knows, parties aren't really my thing. I haven't had the best experience with them.... at all.

But I was willing to attend this one, and I think that's because I know Ben will be there backing me up the whole time, even if he's dancing with Reagan all along. I would be dancing with Colton and maybe... just maybe, we could have a little private time to ourselves.

Occasionally it's crossed my mind that I'm doing something awful. Cheating on my boyfriend willingly and knowingly. My mom would shoot me if she knew what I did, especially since she's raised me better.

In fact, I'm doing the same thing that Colton's dad did to his wife. Colton shouldn't be the one to blame when I'm the one cheating. The one breaking his heart into pieces. I was ruining his life all because I didn't know how to end a relationship. The thought only made me feel worse about myself as people scurried around the house to set up.

Colton was arranging the alcohol table and the beer pong game. His video camera was sitting on the table, probably because he was going to film the party of something, and Carson was sending out texts to literally everyone he knew. Ben? I had no idea where he went, probably hanging out with Reagan and .... never mind.

I shook the horrid thought away and focused on my blank phone screen. Basically I was just pretending to do something without actually doing it.

I did text the girls however, practically begging them to come. Layla texted back quickly that she could make it, while I was yet to hear from Aubrey and Jenna. Chances of them coming we're pretty slim.

Even though Layla was coming, in the back of my mind, something told me that this would be the craziest party ever.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"Hey babe" Colton said, walking over to me with a red solo cup in his hand. He kissed me lightly on the lips, he seemingly didn't notice how I didn't send interest back. Instead he stood next to me on the wall, admiring the party he put together.

Loud music was playing from the stereo while people danced around with cups in their hands. It was about as typical as you can get. Colton didn't seem that drunk right now, in fact he seemed almost completely sober.

"Hey Colton" I replied with a fake smiled etched on my lips. Mainly I just wanted to find Ben, talk to him. Lately, after everything happened that late night on the beach, Ben was the only person I could think of. He consumed my mind and heart literally and right now I just wanted to find him amongst the crowd of people I didn't know.

"Who are you looking for?" Colton asked, following my eyes to the crowd. I shrugged, thinking fast of an excuse. A way out.

"Layla said she was coming" I said, glancing towards the front door. I was pretty happy when Colton believed it. He smiled and wrapped his arm around me.

"Later tonight I was thinking we could go skinny dipping... you know. It'd be a nice way to end spring break" Colton said with a wink. I nodded, although I didn't even comprehend what Colton really said. I made eye-contact with Ben amongst the crowd and I smiled, joyfully. That's before Colton aggressively squeezed my butt. I turned around and lightly swatted his hand away, while Colton only chuckled.