Chapter Thirteen

Ayanna B

Well two years have passed and that would make my baby girl 2 years old and Adrienne 3 years. AK and me are expecting a baby boy any day now, but we aren’t together. It had seemed like he had given up all that cheating shit but he really hadn’t and I had to show him that it wasn’t a game and he could let these hoes mess up his future if he wanted, he’d be the only one at lost. I stayed in the condo and Aaron he had a house now out in the suburbs, and that was exactly where I was headed to drop Za’Kira off for her weekend with her father and when I pulled up there was and unknown car in the drive way and it was probably some and he knew how I felt about having my child around these random ass girl. 

“Sup Ayanna” He said as he opened the door and I handed him his sleeping child. “Hey AK”I said and he placed his hand on my stomach “Sup AJ, how’s daddy’s little guy” He smiled and it brought a slight smile to my face.

“You wanna come in,” He asked stepping aside. “Not if any random chick is in there” I said and he laughed walking off leaving the door open and I walked in. I followed him to the living room and there were pictures of Kira and Adrienne all over the place. 

“So our son will be here any day now huh” he asked as I sat down on the couch “Yeah he will be, you just make sure you have your ass in the delivery room” I let him know

“Hey my daughter is right here,” He said “She’s sleep” I rolled my eyes. Then I heard so walking and I’d be damned if London appeared in the doorway of the living room and she smirked. “If it isn’t the ex,” she said smiling “If it isn’t side chick number, wait what number are you stupid bitch” I said getting up because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. 

“AK I’m gone” I stormed out the door and got in my car. I felt a sharp pain but I didn’t think twice of it. I just hopped on the expressway and the next thing I knew the pains got worse causing me to lose control of my car and hit another car. My car flipped over twice after it hit the next car and that’s the last thing I remember and everything went black.

Aaron K.

I was sitting in Adrienne and Kira room reading them a bedtime story before they went to sleep when my phone ran. “Hello” I hadn’t seen this number before “Yes Mr. Kirkland we have your fiancé here in the emergency room she was just in a car accident on the expressway and she’s at West Suburban” A man voice told me and I hung up the phone and started to put on Adrienne and Kira clothes then I ran in the room to throw on my shirt

“Baby what’s wrong” London asked as I walked in the room “Don’t worry about that you just stay here” I yelled at her going back down the hall to grab my daughters. I put them in their car seats and broke all the laws getting to the hospital. Yes Ayanna and me were split up but I still loved her and No I don’t like being away from her and the last thing I need is for her to die. Those were the thoughts that crossed my mind as I walked in the hospital doors. What if she died, what if our son died.

“AK” Imani voice broke my train of thought as she walked up to me with tears in her eyes I looked around at ICandy and Ayanna’s mother as they all cried and I looked down at my two beautiful daughters as they looked around confused. I put the girls down next to Imani and Charday as the doctor came over to us

“Is this the family of Ayanna Boss” He asked and I felt my heart rate slow down “Yes that’s us sir” I spoke up “Well we saved the baby boy, he’s fine as for Ayanna we are still doing our best to save her” he said

“Lord please spare my baby’s life” Mrs. Boss screamed as those words came out of the doctors mouth. Kira started to cry and reach for me and I picked her up “It’s okay baby girl, mommy’s going to be just fine” I told her kissing her forehead. The doctor told us that he would be back as he got a page from the OR.

20 minutes had passed and I sat there with my hands on my head shaking. If I lose Ayanna I don’t know what I’mma do, I don’t think I’ll ever be the same any more. My phone vibrated and I looked at it, and it was London and I threw my phone at the ground, As I though if I was faithful in the first place she wouldn’t be in here she would be at home with me cuddled up watching a movie or something.

“God I swear if this your way of getting me to change I see it Lord, I promise you I’m gone do better” I silently prayed and I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up and it was the doctor.  “I can talk to you over here Mr. Kirkland” He spoke because everybody was sleep and I stepped to the side with the doctor.

“We were able to stabilize Ayanna, she’s on a respirator for now she should be able to breathe on her own in a few days, she’s down the hall in room 222 if you want to go see her” He told me and weight lifted off my heart. I went to grab Za’Kira and I walked down the hall to the room and I laid Kira next to her mama and I grabbed Yanni hand.

“Baby, I know things ain’t been right between us these last past years, but you gotta pull through this, for us, for Kira, and for AJ” I said as I kissed her hand.

“Mr. Kirkland would you like to hold your son,” A nurse asked as she stood at the door with AJ in her hands. I stood up and went over and grabbed my lil man from her and went back to sit next to Ayanna.

“Yanni he’s the split image of me” I smiled looking at AJ.  “You have to wake up baby so you can see this” I grabbed her hand. “May we come in AK” I heard Sarah ask and I turned around and the everybody was at the door including Christian and them. “Of course” I said and they all walked in.

 “Look at him bro he look just like you” Ty said touching AJ hand “Yanni boo, wake up Lady we need you out here” Alex said touching her cousins face as a tear slid down her face. I walked out because the scene was getting to emotional. I waked to the nursery and handed AJ to the nurse so she could put him back. I went to the waiting area and grabbed my phone up off the ground.  I wrote a quick tweet You don’t know what you got until it’s damn near gone, God grant me this second chance please, Don’t take her! I said bye to everybody grabbed my two princesses and I was out, I would defiantly be back tomorrow, I planned on stay the night then.