Chapter Eight

Valentines Day

Ayanna B.

A couple of week had passed now and I was proud to say I was the mommy of such a beautiful baby girl. Today was the All-Star game and we were flown to Phoenix so we could watch the game. It was hot out here so it less clothes, my body had bounced back quick thanks to the personal trainer AK hired for me. I was in the hotel room with AK’s mother, Imani and Kira. The pervious day AK had won the skills contest but the rookie team had lost but that’s okay I still love my baby though.

“Hi T-T baby” Imani said rocking Kira in the car seat when there was a knock on the door. I opened it and it was AK. “Happy Valentines Day” He said handing me one of the dozen of roses in his hand and giving me a kiss “Thank you bay” I said moving out the way so he could come in. He handed his mother some and Mani some then sat on the bed and pulled out a white box.

“I have something special for the princess.” He said opening the box and pulling out a small bracelet and putting on Kira hand. “Aww, I’m jealous,” I said walking to the bed. “Tell mommy don’t be hating Kira” he said and he picked her up and she automatically smiled for her daddy it was the cutest thing.

AK had wanted to take Kira with him for a minute, because he was going to do some interviews so I put on something that I looked nice in and went with him. “So AK how does it feel to be the only Bulls player since MJ and Rose to be able to participate in the All-Star Weekend” The reporter for ESPN

“It feels good I mean it’s Valentines day why not spend it with one of my loves basketball” AK answered smiling. “AK I see you have your daughter on the side, do you get out on the floor and do it for her every night “ The same reporter asked “Yeah I want her to be proud that I’m her daddy when she gets older, So I most definitely do it for her, my wife, my sister, and my mother” AK answered and he nodded for me to bring Kira to him, and the crowd made puppy dog eyes

“Wife? You guys are married how’d we miss that one” A FOX News reporter asked  “We aren’t married yet be on the look out I mean you all are invited if your not some how you’ll make your way there “ AK said joking with the press about them being so nosy.  After the press conference we went back up stairs.

Bay you called me your wife in front of the media” I said looking at him as he looked at our child. “You are, at least you will be” he smiled and I returned the smile “Well I got to get back with the rest of the team, see you courtside tonight” He said as we made it to the room.

“I Love You Aaron,” I said and he gave me a kiss and gave Kira a kiss.  “Love yall too” He said and turned and walked down the hall and I went in the room and put Kira in her seat on the bed.

It was game time and Imani and me were going to the game and Ms. Jada said she would watch Kira and just watch the game on TV.  AK wasn’t playing in the All-Star game so he would be sitting with us.  The seats were courtside as always “Bro they should have allowed you to play in this game” Mani said

“Hey I won the skills competition I’m the next hot thing I got them next year” AK said “That’s right the next hot thing watch out Kobe and Lebron” I said and they laughed. The game started and the East was showing out. Dwight and Lebron were putting on a show. Toward the end of the quarter the lead slipped and the West started to catch up.

“Bay I’ll be right back” I told AK getting up and going to the bathroom.  On my way out I seen London and she was rocking a Jersey but when she seen me she acted as if she didn’t. I brushed it off and went back to my seat

“Did you know that London was here” I asked Imani and AK and they looked at each other “Naw I didn’t. Did you AK?” Imani asked mugging him “Naw I didn’t know she was here” AK said shaking his head. I don’t know what was going on but I was going to find out. 

Aaron K.

I really didn’t know that London was hear because she hadn’t been talking to me every since the house warming issue.  I enjoyed the rest of the game and my team won. I still didn’t get to take Yanni out for Valentines Day so they told me about this nice little restaurant around the way so I decided to take her there. “AK where we going” Yanni smiled

“Don’t worry about it mama” I said kissing her forehead. The car stopped and we got out and the hostess took us to the back of the restaurant there was rose petals and candles lit all around the area “AK it’s damn near 1 in the morning how you pull this off” Yanni asked shocked “Because I’m AK boo” I said pulling out her chair “Thank you sir” She smiled as I took my seat across from her.

“Your beautiful baby” I told her and she blushed “Our fourth year is coming up AK” she said bringing up our four year anniversary with was a month away on April fools day.

“I know mama I’m thankful for you being in my life this long and putting up with all my bullshit” I said as the waitress placed our food in front of us. We ate and talked some more and I had put in a special order of desert for Ayanna because telling the media that she was my wife well soon to be was just a hint to her for what was going on for today. They brought her out a special sundae but instead of a regular cherry it was a ring box shaped as a cherry with an engagement ring in it.

 They put the sundae on the table and her eyes went directly to the top of it. “Aaron what’s this” she asked shocked

“Open it Ayanna” I told her and she opened it and she started to cry. “Ayanna Tai Boss, you been with me before this big year in my life, in our life. You’ve given me my first child a beautiful baby girl and I want many more and many more wonderful years with you so will you marry me,” I asked on one knee with the ring in my hand.

“Yes AK” she said and I slide the ring on her finger and she got up and I stood up and she hugged me tight. I love Ayanna and she gone be my wife, she took a picture of her hand and I knew she was sending it to ICandy. I stepped of real quick to go to the washroom.

 On my way back out to Yanni my phone vibrated and it was a text from London.

Paris:

You didn’t just put a rock that big on that bitch finger

 AK47:

How about you just lost a friend, and you about to lose 8 more. I did because that’s my girl. You’ve known me your whole life you done had your whole life to let me know how you feel but it’s to late and for the record I never looked at your ass like that in the first place.

Paris:

I can’t believe you just said that fuck you AK I don’t need you in my life and I damn sure don’t need Ayanna. Her dumb ass deserves your dog ass.

AK47:

You funny Paris she dumb and she deserves me, so what that make you and you were just chasing me and can’t have me. I think that make you some type of groupie ass bitch. This conversation is over.

I walked back out to Yanni and that girl was still crying. “Baby stop crying you ready to get back to the hotel” I asked her and she laughed and nodded her head. We got back to the hotel I walked her to her room and I went to mine, we would be back in Chicago tomorrow.