Chapter Ten

Imani K.

So I was awaken by my darling brother early this morning saying that he needed to met me some where so I thought why not our mother house, and when I arrived he was already there. “Hey AK what’s up” I said walking in the living room taking a seat and he had this look of failure on his face.

“Okay you know you my twin and you know about all my girls that I mess with” He stated and I put my hand up “Hold on is mama here” I asked

“Naw she gone but like I was saying I basically tell you everything but it was this one chick I never told you about” He said and I sighed and shook my head “AK” I said and raised my eyebrow.

“Her name Annika and she went to SIU and one week when we down there for the players ball, I messed around with her, and it didn’t stop there she lived out west so I continued to see her for about a year. While going with Ayanna and everything. She started calling me talking about she pregnant and shit so I changed my number, so now she posed pictures of me and her to the media and then our suppose to be baby” He said in one breath

“Aaron are you fucking serious I know how you be doing Ayanna but that’s the fucking lowest like why” I asked him shaking my head 

“I know this a major fuck up I just purposed to this girl she just gave me a baby girl I’m in love with her and now this shit” He said throwing his hands up. 

“So what now” I asked “I have to meet her today and get this in order, I know this my baby Mani I just don’t know how to tell Yanni” he lowered his head. “I’m not doing it AK you have to do that shit on your own” I said straight up. “I know I just want you to go met this chick with me” I said not looking up. 

“Okay bro we going now” I asked “Yeah right now.” He said getting up. I could see in his eyes that he really fucked up, things were just going well for him and his family. Me knowing Ayanna this isn’t going to sit right with her it’s going to break her heart. We drove downtown to a secluded restaurant and when we walked in I seen the prettiest little girl playing with toys and then I seen a girl so I take it that this was her. 

“That’s her” AK pointed and we walked over there “Hello Aaron” the girl said “What’s up Annika, can we talk about the well being of our daughter” AK said and she focused her eyes on me “And who is this” She said with an attitude and I laughed “I’m his twin that’s all you need to know” I said sitting down and she rolled her eyes.

 “So I’ll have 10,000 dollars twice a month for my daughter sent to an account, and when I break this down to my wife I want visitation too” AK said and she shook her head “I know you got all type of endorsement deals AK so you can do 15,000 twice a month since I’m being nice and I been doing this for damn near a year now. I want a new place for me and our daughter to stay because the two bedroom apartment I have out west not doing it, it’s dangerous, and I’m sure your fiancée will be thrilled about this” She said with a sarcastic tone on the last part. 

“I can do that, but can I know her name” AK sighed “Her name is Adrienne Renee Kirkland, Pooh come her mama” She said reaching for the little girl and she walked over to us and reached for her mother. “Can I hold her?” AK asked and Annika handed the little girl to him and she didn’t cry she actually smiled. “At least she likes you, that’s a start,” Annika said and her phone rang and she stepped away to answer.