Candice and Zayn: Glad You Came.

am so sorry! It's been ages. I feel awful :( This is Lana, by the way. Anyway, this one shot's based on Glad You Came by The Wanted. I believe that's a well-known song ;)

Lana x

♫ ♫ ♫

Candice and Zayn: Glad You Came.

* Candice's POV *

Mum was talking her tongue off on the phone in the kitchen. She never stays long on phone calls, it must be someone interesting. Meanwhile, in my room, my phone was constantly vibrating.

Hannah: Has any1 asked u yet? X

My fingers typed a sad reply:

Me: Han, it's tonight. Nobody will ask me. I'm going to just go and have fun x

Hannah: Aw, Candy :( What about Zayn? He SAID he'd take you to Winter Dance.

Me: Get real, Hannah. Zayn was my boyfriend when I was 13. He's famous now x

Zayn Malik...my best friend...my old sweetheart – was famous. It sounds so wrong, and feels odd to think that girls now kissed his picture and fantasied about him. That's my job. It was my job.

My trembling hands picked up the school's annual Winter Dance flyer. It was my school's idea of a prom. When you hit seventeen, you were officially allowed participate in the Winter Dance. I was seventeen last year. I just kept holding some hope that Zayn would return and take me. But no...he's probably found some beautiful model. What am I? A fling from primary school.

“Oh, baby,” Mum entered the room and caught me staring blankly into my mirror. “You look beautiful.”

I wore a light blue, silk dress, that reached my knees. The sleeves were netted, and the bodice was dark blue. The sash was white and the skirt flowed out freely. I placed a final clip in my loose hair.

“I can't understand why no one's asked you,” fretted Mum. “You're amazing, Candice.”

“I've been asked, Mum,” I said, quietly. “When I was 13.”

Mum sighed. “Zayn...hasn't got time on his hands to take you. Please, sweetheart. Go have fun tonight.”

I nodded, clattering downstairs.

♫ ♫ ♫

The room was packed full of couples dancing and laughing. My brother was the DJ, which I had to laugh at. The floor was draped in a white carpet and paper snowflakes hung from the ceiling. It looked like Santa's Grotto. Away from the dancing, I sat on a pile of fake presents, and took out my phone to Twitter. Hannah came over, dragging her date.

“You okay, Candy?”

I simply nodded in reply.

“You look smoking.” Her date complimented, before tugging Hannah off to eat. She smiled at me as they vanished among the crowd. I sat for a while, then the music was brought to a stop.

“Candy. My big sis Candice! There's a Zayn Malik here, requesting a dance with you. Where are you, C?”

I in took a breath as I saw Zayn standing up on the altar, shielding his eyes from the spotlight. He muttered something to my brother, and he resumed the music. Glad You Came by The Wanted.

“Alright, he's found her! Moving on, chaps.”

Zayn elbowed his way towards me and all I could do was stand frozen in shock. Zayn...Malik...here...at the...Winter...Dance? The words bounced around in my head.

“Candice, you look stunning,” He said quietly, taking my hand. I curled mine around his, smiling.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, trying not to smile.

“Hoping I'm not too late and that you aren't going out with that bloke Jake you liked so much,” He chuckled. I laughed too. As if! I hadn't liked Jake since I'd realised I'd loved Zayn.

“You're not too late...” I mumbled. “I still love you.”

Zayn's eyes bulged. My heart pounded, but he grinned so wide it was a wonder he didn't burst.

“I love you too. Will you dance with me?”

“I'd love to, Mr. Malik!” I winked, just as the song was about to end.

“I'm Glad You Came,” I mouthed to the last words. Zayn looked at me, and then said,

“Me too.”

I'm sorry! I'm cringing over how bad it is!! I wrote this at 3:00, so. You can see how I'm tired ;)

Lana x