-16- Hounded By the Press

***Author's Note***

Hey guys, so this is last chapter I have already written and it may be a while before I write more. I have prom this weekend and am backed up on reading. So anyway, just thought I would warn you. Also, if you want me to write soon, comment below so I know and you remind me to keep writing. Thanks. <(")

Chapter 16:

            “Ladies and gentlemen, may we have your attention please? Ms. Evans has an

announcement to make. We will take your questions after the announcement has been made.” A man in his forties said over the loud speaker.

            “Hello everybody!” My mom said enthusiastically into the microphone. Firstly, I would like for al of you to meet my daughter Elizabeth.” She paused before saying, “Come on then Elizabeth, step forward.”

            I took a step forward keeping a death grip on Cam the whole time. I looked out into the crowd smiling before I picked up my hand and waved. “Hello everybody.” I spoke into the microphone.

            “Elizabeth would you like to say something to the crowd?” Mother asked me.

            “Yes, actually I would.” I took a step forward still pulling Cam with me. “This is Cameron. He and I have been best friends from the time we were three. Over the weekend Cam, my mom, and I went to Vegas. It was there that Cam and I got engaged.” I let off with that and took a few steps back while leaning into Cam. The crowd was in an uproar as my mom stepped back up to the microphone.

She turned to me slightly confused, at the fact that I didn’t spill the news that we were already married, before turning back to the crowd and saying, “Now, if I could have your attention once more I have another announcement to make. Al of you here know about my company 4K Records. What many of you probably didn’t know is that Cameron’s family owns a similar company that is just slightly smaller. In light of the marriage we would like to merge our companies. We intend for this to take place within the next few weeks. Now does anyone have any questions?” She finished as hands shot up everywhere.

 “Okay well I am only going to answer three questions as Elizabeth and Cameron are already missing school and they need to go pick up their missing assignments. So, lady in the front with the large brimmed hat and oversized sunglasses, what is your question?”

            “My question is directed at Elizabeth, Madeline Doyle, Union Tribune.” She said as I walked to the microphone, still dragging Cam with me. When I was right in front of it I felt Cam shift slightly and stand behind me with his arms around my torso. “I think we would all like to know, how did he propose?” Oh, crap! I need a story and fast.

            “Well, we were walking down the strip at night and we decided we wanted to go to the Venetian Hotel. While walking trough looking a all the shops, Cameron grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the water and in turn the gondolas. He stepped into the next available one and grabbed me by the waist to help me in. We sat down and he put his arm around me, while I put my head n his shoulder. The moment was perfect. When the ride was over I saw a group of street performers so I walked over to them. They were dancing and singing to ‘Party Rock Anthem’ by LMFAO. When they were done the whole crowd clapped, before they announced, “Now, we have a special request”. They all got into position and the music began, it was ‘Marry You’ by Bruno Mars. They began dancing around to the music and acting out the scene. When there was around twenty seconds left in the song, I saw a new figure jump into the scene. It was Cameron. He began dancing around, not very well I might add, and singing along, equally as terrible.” At this I paused and heard laughter.

            I thought he was just having fun jumping around and being a goofball, but when the last note played he got down on one knee and said, ‘Beth, we have known each other for our whole lives basically and you have always been my best friend. I have loved you for years now and I don’t want to be friends anymore.’ At this I frowned but he continued, ‘Would you do me the honor of being my wife?’ I just stood there shocked as he pulled out a small black box from his pocket and opened it to reveal the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. I looked at his face and saw pleading and I could tell he was beginning to lose confidence. I only ever had one answer running through my mind, so I said the only thing I could. ‘Of course not’.” This time as I paused I heard silence. “I’m just kidding, I said ‘Of course I will’.” At this they laughed

            “After that he jumped up and swung me around. I had completely forgotten about the crowd that is until I heard people going ‘Awww’ and then clapping. Cam put me down and grabbed my hand. Slowly, he then slid the ring onto my finger before giving me a kiss.

            I looked out into the crowd and saw everyone silent with looks of amazement. The woman who asked the question spoke, “Cameron, I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that is the most romantic thing I have ever heard.”

            “Thank you.” Cam said leaning over my shoulder to speak into the microphone. He then gave me a knowing look.

            Mom stepped up to the microphone and addressed the crowd again. “Next question please.” Hands shot up everywhere. “Uh, you in the back, in the green shirt and curly hair.”

            “Stan Walker of the Daily Times. Ms. Evan’s, aren’t they a little too young to get married? Why are you not fighting this?”

            “Yes, yes they are. But my response to that is that I have watched these two grow up together. I have always known that they would end up together. I know that Cameron will make Elizabeth happy. I know they will make a lovely couple. Plus look at them. I can just imagine how cute my grandchildren will be.” This earned a laugh from the crowd. “I know my own daughter and I know that she will make a wonderful wife and eventually someday an amazing mother. I can’t think of anyone else more deserving to call her a wife than Cameron and I can’t think of anyone else I would rather have in my family. So my response is, yes they are young but they are in love and that is all that matters.

            “Now, last question.” Hands shot up faster this time. “You in the middle, with the fedora and the blue tie.”

            “Colin Michelson, The Mountain Express.” He started, “Once the merger is complete, what plans do you have for the future?” Finally not about me. I tuned them out on stage not caring about the business plans and turned to Cameron.

            “Hey.” I said before rapping my arms around his neck.

            “Hey Yourself.” He said, “Nice story by the way. How did you come up with it?”

            “I’m not sure, It just popped into my head.”

            “Okay. Well let’s go to the school to pick up our work.

            “Okay.” I mumbled as I picked up his hand and walked off stage.