01 | Wah-Pow

The elevator doors slid open and a rushed, blonde girl hurried out of it in a bright red, pencil skirt, and a grey sweater with a white collar poking out from underneath it. Several magazines and envelopes were tucked securely under her arms while she balanced a to-go drink tray with two coffees and a brown, paper bag stacked on top of it.

She flashed a smile at her best friend and roommate Clarke Ashton, who stood by the doors with her phone in hand, busy tapping away at the screen while occasionally glancing up in hopes her friend would appear. The phone was quickly tucked away in one of her hidden pockets of her dress as a smile grew on her lips, pleased to see her friend and the second cup on the tray.

"You left early this morning," Kara commented when the two fell into a fast paced walk through Catco together.

"I had to finish up this one code before Ms. Grant got here because I knew she would have my head," Clarke explained, reaching for the second paper, to-go cup with a black heart drawn on it. She knew that one was the one that contained her peppermint mocha latte. "Thank you for the coffee."

Kara lead the way through the busy workrooms of the floor. "I knew you probably didn't grab one this morning," she commented, referring to how fast her friend had left their shared apartment this early morning. "-- and I was already there to get one for Ms. Grant, so I figured I would just grab one for you, too."

"I appreci--"

"Did you see this?" Winn Schott abruptly joined them, holding a silver tablet in his hand, showing off a news article on the screen. He wedged himself between his two friends. "There was an armored car robbery last night. There were no witnesses except for this homeless guy, who swears the perp had horns."

Clarke raised her eyebrows, intrigued. She was in such a rush this morning, she never bothered to turn on the television for background noise, like she usually did when she got ready for work. She leaned over on Winn's shoulder, nearly resting her chin on his shoulder to zoom in on the article with her forefinger and thumb. The two of them were always interested in these kinds of stories, although Kara often thought differently.

"Thanks," Kara muttered to a guy that sat at his desk and handed a cylinder package to her on their way down the walkway. She continued walking along with her friends, further through the room to their own desks.

"Like on his head?" Clarke asked, curiously. She raised a brow as she pulled back just enough to glimpse at Winn's reaction.

He nodded his head, excitedly. His brown eyes were locked on hers before he glanced at Kara, who had a doubting look on her face. "I'm telling you, they're out there. Aliens!"

Kara chuckled, "Winn, there's no such thing as aliens. I've told Clarke and you this a million times."

"Explain Superman then!" Clarke challenged her. She easily kept up with her friends in her heels as they stormed their way past a wide, open walkway to another section of the popular magazine building.

Instead of responding, Kara remained silent, which led Clarke to believe that she won the argument. A pleased smile filled out on the blonde's lips, though she knew this would not be the last time an argument like this would be brought up again.

Kara peeked at her best friend from the corner of her eye, knowing that choosing to remain quiet was her best option to refrain from making any comments that could make any suspicious. She knew how Clarke felt about Superman and knew how much she would freak out if she ever found out he was actually her cousin. Out of all the people Kara met on Earth, Clarke Ashton seemed to be Superman's biggest fan, ironically not knowing her best friend was related to him. Kara found it funny how her name was Clarke and his was Clark.