6 HOURS

Chapter 3

"Is he like super charming?" Ellie questioned, her left hand going in circular motions as she wrapped some hair around her finger. I didn't have the chance to answer her before she squealed loudly and jumped up, "You gotta invite him to hang out with us!"

"No, I'm not going to do that," I mumbled, growing slightly annoyed with her. When we got here, we had already decided together that we weren't going to think about boys whatsoever. This was a girl's trip, we were travelling together to forget about all the stupid men back home. Men ain't shit and I wish Ellie would stop nagging me about Justin.

Justin said he would text me after begging for my number but it's been three days and I haven't heard a noise from him. Neither had I seen him around the hotel, a part of me was thinking he had probably already headed home. In that case, he would have lied to me. He said he was going to be here for the rest of the week. Though, for some reason, I wouldn't be too surprised. After all, he did promise to call me yet my phone was had been the definition of silence these past three days.

It didn't help to know that I let him kiss me. I felt foolish for actually believing him when he said that he would text me. I had hopes that now was completely dead and this was what I meant with not letting boys get to me. Justin got what he wanted and then I wasn't interesting enough, so now he's not that into it anymore.

I was thankfully saved by Leah who had been struggling the past few hours to find somewhere to eat for us. Both me and Ellie had told her that it was fine with eating by the hotel but for some reason, she had insisted on actually going out to get real food, "I couldn't find any place nearby that was Italian but the receptionist said that we could take a cab to this downtown place and it was apparently the best pizza in the city-"

"That's good," I said, interrupting her before she could say her second option which I knew she had stored up inside of her. I wasn't prepared to sit and wait for another few hours, I was already starving, "We should get going then."

"There was also this place-"

"No," I heard Ellie and I say at the exact same time, both of us giggling afterwards. This was Leah in a nutshell, she always needed more than one option and she would never settle for anything less than the best. I loved her for that though, we would have never been at this hotel beautiful (but unfortunately, expensive) hotel without her help. She somehow ended up finding us slightly better prize and I was certainly not complaining about it.

"I need to go get my wallet," I mumbled as they both said they were already done to leave. Ellie whined and told me to hurry up whilst I grabbed the key card to our hotel room and quickly sprinted away towards the elevators.

My mind was thinking I could take the stairs but I was lazy and after all, this was a vacation. Why should I waste both time and energy with taking the stairs when there was an available elevator? I only had to wait for a couple of seconds before I heard a ping, and the doors scooted open slowly.

The second the elevator doors were completely opened and I stepped in, I noticed a familiar figure standing inside of it. My lips pursed together as Justin smiled at me, looking slightly surprised to see me and mumbled out a hello.

"Hey," I muttered, walking in and to stand next to him awkwardly.

I could feel him gazing me, checking me out from head to toe and then up again, but I continued to stare at the wall in front of me. To see him now, acting as if nothing had happened and as if he didn't kiss me three days ago, made me much more frustrated. He kissed me and then promised to text but I received nothing. Now, he's smiling and trying to get in touch with me as if I would still be interested. He had his shot but ruined it.