Memories That Fade Like Photographs.

I said I'd never forget your face

Vaulted away inside my head

And memories never seem to fade

You were the best part of my life, my last regret.

ALEX POV

"That's it guys, move a bit to the right!" The photographer shouted and they adjusted accordingly. It was their fourth photoshoot of the month, this time for a mainstream rock magazine. Throwing himself into work commitments like this helped Alex, mentally. It stopped him thinking about HER all the time and how he had messed up, once again. His Mother had been equally as angry, demanding that her rang her at once to apoligize. But there was nothing to say, nothing to do. He had broke her already fragile heart and he knew she deserved somebody better than him. As the photoshoot wrapped up, Jack went to stalk away but Alex ran up and stopped him.

"Hey man, fancy getting a burger or something?" Alex asked.

"Nah, I'm all good." Jack mumbled, scuffing his toe against the wall.

"Your not still holding that Annabelle thing against me are you? I mean come on dude, we've gone through this." Alex sighed, tired of the continual crap that followed him round daily.

"That doesn't change it though does it, Alex?" Jack said, looking up at him and his face turned meaner. "I loved Annabelle and she loved me back. You just couldn't accept that a girl liked me over you, for a change."

"Well she obviously didn't love you too much, did she?" Alex sneered, smirking. "Else she wouldn't have been snogging me, trying to get into my pants."

All at once Jack's fist swung back and hit Alex straight in the cheek, pushing his head back. Alex blinked once with the shock of it, before swinging a hit at Jack and hitting him straight on the jaw. Soon they were trading punches, anger swirling between the two former best friends. Falling to the floor, Jack bashed Alex's head against the ground, before being kicked in the ribs and tumbling sideways. They could vaguely hear the shouts of Zack, begging them to stop, but they carried on oblivous. Soon they each felt a pair of cool hands grasp their shoulders and they were pulled apart. Blood trickled down from Alex's lip and Jack's eye was bruised. For one long second they looked at other, panting from the energy and adrenline. Then they slowly walked towards each other and embraced.

"I'm so sorry man, I know I've been a di**head. I've messed up so bad." Alex mumbled.

"I started this fight, that was so wrong. I'm sorry for being an arrogant arse and not even trying to understand why you did what you did." Jack replied.

"No, it was my fault. Friends again, yeah?" Alex asked.

"Yeah ok." Jack half-smiled, wincing from the pain of moving his jaw. Then they both headed over to the first-aid room, arms wrapped round each others shoulders.

ELIZABETH POV

Elizabeth picked up the magazine and shivered. On the front was the love of her life, Alex Gaskarth. He was striking a mean 'n' moody pose, one that he knew suited him all too well. The rest of the band featured, though Jack always seemed almost absent, not the usual throwing himself into the picture. It had been three weeks since America and life was getting on as usual. He hadn't called or texted her, which hurt, but she knew she had to let it go. She knew famous rockstars didn't have the time to make relashionships work. She went to to put it back down, but then gave in to temptation and brought it, slinging her guitar case across her back as she did so. After untieing Davey's lead from the bollard, she walked briskly away from the store and headed down to the familiar bench, the one that would be imprinted in her memory forever. This is where she first met Alex and she could remember the night so well it hurt. Settling her guitar on her lap, she began to strum, the melodys and songs all twisting into one. The odd person passed, throwing coins into the open case at her feet. When it finally turned dark, she knew she should be getting back and headed home. She unlocked the door and Davey raced ahead as usual. She laughed at his impatience and went to lock the door. The sound of Davey whining pitifully and the sound of sobs alerted her to her senses and she raced over to the living room, taking in the sight before her. No. This couldn't be happening. How could it happen? Her body went into shock and she crouched down by her sister, hugging her gently and letting her sob. She rang the ambulance and waited, tears trickling down her own cheeks. Then she rang the only person that made sense.

RING, RING, RING. "Hello?" His voice asked.

"Alex." Elizabeth whispered. "Alex, it's me. Alex, I need you right now baby, I need you so bad. My Dad's overdosed Alex, he might die. Help me."

"I'll be there as soon as I can." He said, his voice sure and steady, before hanging up.

She huddled by her sister and watched as the blue and red lights of the ambulance lit up their living room, flashing on the empty pill bottle and her Dad's unconcious body.

WOW, this was a very sad one, I know :( Poor, poor Elizabeth. Thanking you, Miss Brimble, Miss Butler, Miss Norgrove, Miss Howard-Sleigh and Miss Edwards for supporting me so much with this fanfic. MUCH LOVE<3