Hit the Lights.

So don't you go I've got you where I want you

and I'm never letting go

hit the lights we'll be all right

tonight our dreams come true

Alex slowly carried her up the garden and to the front door. Elizabeth had implyed that Alex's muscles were the size of peas. Alex had picked her up in his arms and Elizabeth had tried to not enjoy it. Manly pride and all that she had joked. She turned the handle and sighed. Would this make Alex run away from their friendship? Yes, she had to admit it. She was ashamed of her family. Before Mom died, they were the typical stereotype family. Shopping at Morrisons, early bedtimes, holidays by the seaside. Hair in pigtails, pretty checkered dresses. Now she hid the parents evening notices, the open evenings. She didn't want to be bullied even more, taunted for the family she tried so desperately to hide. When she opened the door she could see her Dad through the window, sitting in the plastic chair in the garden. He went there sometimes, when he could remember to move. Often he would just sit there, in his deep reverie. She rememebered when she had come home from school one day to see him just sitting there in the pouring rain, shivering with cold. She could hear her sister singing from the kitchen, slurring her words. Oh no. Libby peeked round the door. She hadn't cleaned off the mess of the makeup and obviously hadn't even showered. She held a cigarette in one hand and a drink bottle in the other.

"Hello, sssweety." She slurred. "Who's this handssome boy then?" She giggled and winked at Alex, before stumbling up the stairs. Elizabeth looked down at the floor, shame and embarassment churning inside of her. Alex peeked at her through his hood, and they slowly climbed the stairs to her room. He chuckled at the mess of posters and Converse shoes that were towering the height of her chest of drawers and slid to the floor. Elizabeth turned on some Foo Fighters and sat down next to him, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"I'm sorry." She said, quietly.

"What for?" Alex replied.

"For them, for my family, for everything.." She sighed deeply. "Me, my life..it's a mess."

After a slight pause, Alex's rough hand slipped into hers and he turned to face her.

"Your not a mess. Your just misunderstood, constantly. I mean, do you even know how beautiful you are?" He sighed. "When I first saw you, sitting there, you seemed so lost, so alone. I thought, she's never going to talk to me. But then you did and the real Elizabeth came out, the girl that nobody get's to see these days. And I guess it's time you saw me now." He reached up and slowly removed the hood. Chocolate brown hair tumbled in a perfect chaos over thick eyebrows and hazel-coloured eyes. It took Elizabeth a few seconds to take this in, this face she had been fantasising about for so long.

"At first, I just wore this hood as a way of not getting recognised. My band is pretty high-profile and the continual attention..it's cool, but it can get tiring. It was nice being invisible, even if it was just for a few hours until someone recognised me. But then it made me feel great, like I didn't need to be Alex all the time. Then when I met you, I knew you didn't like me for my band or the sucess or money. It was amazing." He admitted, smiling. Elizabeth reached up and caressed his cheek.

"I have been wanting to see that face for a while now." She laughed.

"Does it match to your expectations?" He questioned.

"No, I was expecting more Gerard Way." She joked. "I've gone off you now."

Alex chuckled and tickled her. She shrieked with laughter and collapsed onto his lap. Alex brushed her hair out of her face and she just stared at him, drinking him in. Then his face darkened a little and he slowly pushed her up, so she was facing him.

"Me and my band, we were just touring here.." He took a deep breath. "I have to go back to America in the morning. I didn't want to tell you until the last minute. I'm so sorry Lizzi..."

Elizabeth sat there, shock and sadness rooting her to the spot. Her heart felt like an ice cube, frozen.

"Alex, no.." She muttered. "You can't, you can't just leave me like this.."

"If there was any other way, I would try. I can still be there for you, I won't just leave you." His voice sounded choked, like he was about to cry. For ages they sat, cross-legged, listening to the music repeat and repeat. At some point, she fell into a deep slumber. When she awoke, she was lying in Alex's arms. She dressed silently, numb to the fact she was about to lose her best friend..and the boy she was slowly falling in love with. She had only known him a month, but that felt just like forever. Alex awoke, he too didn't say a word. When it was time for him to go, they both stood on her doorstep. Alex pulled her into his arms and wiped away the tears that were falling there. he leant in and brushed his lips with hers. Her first kiss, it should be amazing. But it didn't feel like it, not in these circumstances. As he walked down that path, Elizabeth felt her heart breaking. She was broken.

I hope you liked it guys, bit sickly sweet I know!

Elizabeth Brimble..<3