Remembering Sunday.

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother, but have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams

Alex lay back on the bunk of the tour bus, staring at the ceiling. His Ipod ran through a thousand tracks, but for once the music didn't connect. All he could think about was Elizabeth, Elizabeth, Elizabeth.. His brain was on constant reloop. He had had the crap taken out of him pretty much all day by the others. They just couldn't understand where the fun-loving Alex had gone. They had one more show tonight and then in the morning it was back to home sweet home. It was funny how it didn't feel like home, not anymore. He missed her. He missed her beautiful smile, the embarassing way she laughed, the little quirky things she wore.. He was pulled out of his reverie by Jack throwing the remote at his head.

"Dude, what the f- was that for?" Alex shouted.

"Come on you soppy idiot, we have a show to plan." Jack pulled him to his feet and they headed up to the venue. Alex could see they were all hyped up, ready to give a great show. He just didn't feel like it, but he knew he couldn't let the fans down. He was tugged into a chair and the hairdresser began to do her work. Alex stared down at his phone. 0 Messages. He had tried to talk to her, but her phone had gone to voicemail. He realised she had every right to be angry, but it still didn't stop the hurt. As he walked down the corridor he passed Rian, who stopped him.

"Look dude, I know your hung up over this girl." He mumbled. "But you need to let it go tonight. Our fans need us."

"I know man..but it's so hard." Alex replied and carried on into his dressing room. He could hear the fans starting to enter and the buzz of performing started to work into his system. An hour later, the support bands had worked their magic and the crowd was ready to go. The chanting and screaming roared ever louder as the band walked onstage and Alex smiled at the massive turnout.

"Hello everyone, this our last show in our UK tour, so lets make it a awesome one!" The crowd roared its approval. "I would also like to dedicate this to a special person who means the world to me and I'm so sad she can't be here tonight..let's tear the roof of this place!" The band launched into the first song of the night. 

********************************************************************************************************************

Tears streamed down her face and threatened to engulf Elizabeth. Her heart felt like it was locked in. Why did he have to go? The only bit of happiness she had had since her Mom had died had been ripped away from her and now she had nothing. Just cold rainy days and the emptiness inside, that ache that never seemed to ease. Alex had made her feel so, so happy. She could get away from her crappy life and start over when she was with him. She just felt so alone. All at once she was in a field full of bright flowers, a storybook scene. She saw her Mother making her way towards her, dressed in flowing angels robes which rippled in the warm breeze. Her Mother embraced her with arms that felt like silk and gently caressed her cheek. Suddenly, the robes were ripped to shreds and her Mother's body was one of a demon. Her Mother's hands turned to claws and hacked at Elizabeth's cheek with the intent to kill. She looked to her right and saw the charred remains of several bodies. Right at the top, sat the bloodied remains of Alex. Elizabeth was shook awake and sat up in her bed. Her cheeks were sore, where she had scratched at them with her own hands and she was drenched in sweat. Across from her sat her sister, looking at her from worried eyes. It was the first time she had seen any real  emotion in her sister, used to the constant drunken state she would be in.

"Lizzi, are you okay?" Libby asked.

"Yeah, I'm..I'm fine." Elizabeth replied. "Just another nightmare."

"I heard you screaming and crying out in pain. You were saying someones name, that boy.." She thought for a while. "Andy..Aaron..Alex, that's it. You kept on saying his name."

"Oh." Elizabeth glanced down.

"Where has he gone, that boy?" Libby asked.

"I don't even know myself." She replied and tears slipped from under her closed lashes. Libby reached out and wrapped her in her arms, rocking her to and fro.

"My poor baby." She kissed Elizabeth's damp forehead. "I'm sorry I've been such a bad sister to you Lizzi. I will try and change..it's just been so hard since Mom died and Dad being the way he is. Alcohol makes the pain go away, you know?" Elizabeth just nodded, too mentally-exhausted to argue. They lay down on Elizabeth's single bed and Elizabeth could remember when they used to do this as little girls, inventing stories about princesses and fairies and, as they got older, horror stories and music. Her sister lay her down on her chest and Elizabeth rememembered when Alex had done this just two nights ago. Everything had been so different then. Elizabeth awoke from a dreamless sleep to hear the ringtone of her phone. It was Alex. Her finger hovered over the red button, before she realised she just couldn't. She needed to hear him again. She shoved down on the green button and pressed the phone to her ear.

"Lizzi?" Alex asked. "Are you there?"

His voice sounded strange..almost excited.

"Yeah, I'm here..."She murmured.

"I have some amazing news to tell you." She could tell he was smiling and her heart quickened at his mood. "Just listen to this..."

Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger guys, you will just have to wait for the next chapter! I won't be able to write till Monday or Tuesday, so bare with me:). Elizabeth Brimble<3