Surprise up my sleeve

*a few hours before prom* (sorry for the big gap)

"Why can't I see you?" Jack groans from the other side of the phone. I giggle before responding. "Because I want it to be a surprise! No stop complaining." I reply as I grab my dress out of my closet. "Okay.." I can literally here his pout and it's taking every muscle in my body to not let him come over.

Soon after, I hear the doorbell. "Jack I gotta go, May is here." I yawn. I didn't get much sleep last night because all I could think of was prom. I'm not that into big parties but I have a feeling this one is going to go well.

"Aw okay. Ill pick you up later." He says. I can hear things moving around in the background as we say our goodbyes and I hang up.

I run down the stairs and open the front door. "Hey!" May and I say in sync. I chuckle as I open the door wider for her to come in.

"Are you ready?" She squeals as she lifts up the bags in her hand. "Geez why so many bags?" I ask as we walk into my room. "Prom. Duh." She states like its obvious. I roll my eyes as I take my dress out of the closet and place it on the bed. May opens one of her many bags and also lays out her pink minidress beside mine. It starts out as a dark pink and ombrès into a light pink/ white color.

"Corbyn won't be able to keep his eyes off you tonight." I smirk as I plug in my curling iron. Her cheeks turn a dark crimson as she digs through her bag. Oh by the way I forgot to mention, Corbyn and May are dating now. The night I took her over to Jack's they began to hit it off. Then a few days past and Corbyn asked her out. Jack hasn't even asked me out yet! He's only asked me to prom.

"Whatcha thinking about?" May asks as she starts on her makeup. I realize I haven't moved from my position at the curling iron and shake my head. "Nothing." I lie. May chuckles but drops the topic. Probably knowing it's about Jack.

I begin to curl my hair into loose curls. Nothing to fancy. Then I grab my makeup bag and sit in front of my mirror next to May.

"Excited?" I ask May as she finishes her winged liner. "Of course I am!" She exclaims. I laugh at her sudden outburst and begin to apply foundation. Something I don't wear a lot.

About an hour later I finish my makeup. My eyes have a dark smokey eye with winged liner and mascara. I put highlighter on my cheekbones, and nose. (May's decision) and lastly I finished the look with a pinkish matte lipstick. And of course I put on foundation and concealer but that stuff is boring.

May decided to go simple with foundation, concealer, black winged liner, mascara, highlighter, and a nude lipstick.

"You look amazing!" May gasps as she looks at my makeup. "Thanks, so do you." I blush. "Sheesh, if you blush anymore you'll turn into a tomato." She chuckles

I playfully roll my eyes as I put on my earrings and necklace with a little diamond on it.

"Oh my gosh it's already 7!" May exclaims as she looks at the clock on my nightstand. Prom starts at nine but I'm pretty surprised myself because we started getting ready at 5.

"It's fine, we just have to put on our dresses and shoes anyways." I assure. She nods as I grab my dress and head towards the bathroom. "You can change in here." I nod towards May. She nods back as I close my bathroom door and strip from my clothes and then climb into the dress. I stare at myself in the mirror in shock. This can't be me? I might sound conceited but I'm just not used to dressing up.

As I walk out of the bathroom May is sitting on my bed already in her dress and black heels.

"I just have to grab my shoes and wallet." I say as I grab my heels and slip them on. As I do I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." I mumble as I try to put my shoe on. "Aw you girls look so amazing!" My mom squeals as she takes a picture on her phone. "Mom.." I groan. My chuckles as I grab my hand bag from my desk.

"Well it's true! I think the boys will think the same." She smiles. "Alright mom let's go." I sigh as I motion for her to leave. "Well the boys are here!" She says with a smile before walking down the stairs. Suddenly those familiar butterflies show up in my stomach. What if Jack doesn't like the dress? What if he changes his mind? What if he bails last minut- "Ready?" I'm thoughts are cut off as May stands by the door. "Y-yeah." I murmur. She rolls her eyes as we walk out the door. I catch a glimpse of Jack and Corbyn downstairs. A smile tugs at the corner of my lips as Jack looks my way.

Jack's Point of View

"Come on dude." I motion towards Corbyn as I walk out of my house. "Alright alright." Corbyn laughs as he catches up to me. "Nervous?" I smirk as I watch Corbyn fix his hair. "Me? Pshh no." He lies. I laugh as we reach Lilly's house. I knock on the door and wait for Lilly's mom to open.

"Boys! You guys look great! Come on!" Jennifer exclaims with a smile as she opens the door.

"Thank you." Me and Corbyn say in sync. I laugh and roll my eyes. Jennifer walks upstairs and I can hear her gasp. That's probably going to be my reaction.

I can hear laughter from upstairs as Jennifer walks back down. "Wait till you see them." She exclaims. I feel those stupid butterflies in my stomach. Like the kind I get before I perform, but this is different.

I'm soon snapped out of my thoughts as Lilly and May begin to walk down the stairs. I nudge Corbyn as he looks over also. His reaction was pretty much the same as mine, speechless.

I've never seen Lilly like this. But its not a bad thing, she looks beautiful either way.

The blue in her dress really brings out her eyes and I've never seen her hair curled.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." She teases. I snap out of my thoughts as blush rushes to my cheeks. "You look beautiful." I say speechless. "You don't look half bad yourself." She nudges me. I chuckle as I wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"Alright I want atleast one picture." Jennifer states as she walks into the living room with her camera. Lilly sighs as I chuckle.

We all pose for the picture and then after saying goodbye to Lilly's mom, we were off in my Range Rover. Me driving, Lilly in the passengers, and Corbyn and May in the back.

"Are you ready for your first prom?" Lilly asks, her eyes looking from me to May. Corbyn has always lived here.

"I'm pretty nervous." May admits. "About what?" I chuckle. She shrugs as Corbyn wraps an arm around her. "I'll protect you." He smirks, May blushes and hides her face. "Get a room!" I shout. Corbyn groans as Lilly laughs. "Hey don't get mad because I'm not scared to make a move." Corbyn fires back. Lilly's face goes red as I try to hide my own. Not to soon after, we arrive at the school.

Once I park the car I get out and opens Lilly's door. She thanks me as I wrap my arm around her waist.

"Ready?" Corbyn smiles as we all walk towards the school. "More than I've ever been." I smirk. Lilly raises an eyebrow but shrugs it off. I've got a surprise up my sleeve for tonight.