// O N E //

| Chapter begin |

| Ash's POV |

My eyes fluttered open as I take in my new surroundings. Everything looks new; the bed, the ceiling, the walls, the colours, the room. I sighed as I remembered my unfortunate outcome that befell me. My old school was already bad, me being the victim of the bullies due to my small size and my weak body.

My parents were concerned for my well-being and decided to transfer me here, in Kalos. Or more specifically known as the "region of love". I doubt anything will change here. Just because the name suggests that it is related to love, doesn't mean that the people here are loving. They could be the total opposite.

Sliding out from my comfortable position, I switched my phone on to check the time. It was just 6 am. Being the early riser I was, it was no surprise that I woke up two hours before school even started. I grabbed my towel and headed off in the direction of the bathroom. As much as I hated to admit it, this house was way better than my previous ones in terms of the facilities. That's right - I have had three houses before I moved here. I must be really unlucky to be such a wimp and because of me, my parents had to suffer.

I turned on the shower and let the warm water run down my body. After a few minutes, I turned off the shower and wrapped my lower region with a towel. (Don't get any dirty ideas. -_-) I rested my hand on the doorknob and twisted it open and walked back inside my room and got out my everyday-clothing - a black shirt and black jeans. To cover up my scars and bruises, I put on a black hoodie on top of my shirt. I looked over at the mirror and sighed. Why should I bother looking good? The bullies already said that I'm an ugly freak and nobody will ever like me. And they have been proven right over and over again. What makes me think that the pupils will become friends with this pathetic freak here?

I turned on my phone again and saw a great number of messages. I sighed and slowly read them one by one, tears collecting at the brim of my eyes.

"You ass. Moving away to avoid us eh? The next time I see you again I'll hammer you to your grave!"

"Can't believe your parents listened to your pathetic words to move. How are you even the son of the Champion of all regions and one of the Kanto Elite 4 members? They probably found you in a garbage dump."

As I read more insults, I felt my jeans getting damper by the second. I didn't even realise I was crying. Maybe they were right, maybe I was adopted, maybe I wasn't even meant to be borned in the first place. Maybe...

"Ash, breakfast is - Why are you crying son?" Mum asked me as she came rushing to me followed by my father.

"No reason Mum and Dad." I sniffed.

Dad saw my phone still turned on and grabbed it and read the insults one by one, his eyebrows furrowing as he read all the vulgarities and insults thrown at me. If looks could kill, I would have withered there and then by how intimidating he looked. He tightened his grip on my phone until his knuckles turned white.

"I'm going to Kanto to have a talk with the students there. Ash, don't worry. I'm not going to let you be a victim of bullying." Dad uttered as he ruffled my messy raven black hair before leaving the room. 

"Ash, if anyone at your new school try to bully you, tell us immediately. Your father and I will have a serious talk with them." Mum stated as she left the room. "And breakfast is on the table." 

I flashed a weak smile at her before it curved down into a frown. I'm going to get bullied more if my parents found out. I rolled up my sleeve and saw the scars from all those beatings. I sighed before unrolling my sleeve back.