Broken Therapy

Being broken up was hard, the pain that everyone goes through is a like a constant loop until they feel strong enough to face the real world again. They face challenges while doing the easiest of tasks all because one object reminded them of the past they shared with one other person.

People usually go through a loop of shock, denial, anger, barging, guilt, depression and finally acceptance.

They had been through so much together and for Ezra to just give up on them hurt and she never really knew why either. But seen as it had been 2 days since they broke up she felt like she needed to push them back together. She walked up to his apartment and gently knocked on the door only for a moment later the door to be opened revealing Ezra.

"Can I come in?" Aria asked politely.

"Yeah, yeah of course" Ezra replied with a soft tone.

"Why did you tell me you saw your mom last night? Spencer saw you with someone, and I checked the receipts with Hanna. I would've been there for you" Aria answered.

"I know. Sh-She got my e-mail and came. Said she wanted to talk about what happened, why she left so that I could decide whether or not I wanted to have a relationship with her" Ezra replied, explaining the story.

"And what'd she say?" Aria asked in response, she obviously still cared about him even down to the relationship with his mother.

"That she took ten million dollars from my father after they divorced to leave and never see me again." Ezra replied, looking down at the floor.

"I'm so sorry" She said, taking a step closer.

"Aria, wait. I know that you think that that's why I'm doing this to us, that they're somehow related." Ezra added trying to be honest.

"They are"

"But they're not. And that's why I didn't tell you. Look, this is about the fact that we want different things, and that I am constantly disappointing you" He replied as she stood in front of him.

"Ezra, stop. I love you...Do you still love me?" Aria asked in response.

"Yes, of course I do. But that doesn't mean that I can make you happy. Or that we should be together." Ezra answered.

"No, but it means that we can work on it. Please, don't just walk away." Aria said beginning to tear up.

"Work on it how?" Ezra replies.

"Maybe couples therapy. I know my parents swear by it. I'll find someone great. I'll drop the Fitzgerald name if I have to. Please?" Aria asked whilst breathing heavily and letting a tear leave her eye and cascade down her cheek.

The next day they sat in Dr Crosby's office. Her office was filled with flowers and pastel colours everywhere trying to create what seemed like a calm environment.

"So, how about you tell me a little back story?" Dr Crosby asked smiling, Ezra looked at Aria who agreed she would tell the story.

"Well, to start with our relationship was complicated but we got through it and now I we have realised we are never agreeing on anything because of our differences" Aria said.

"What caused your relationship to be awkward?" The doctor replied. Ezra and Aria looked at each other for a moment before Aria began.

~~

A/N:

Hai!

Sorry this is so short but if you enjoy it I will make a part 2 so let me know! I am also at work experience this week so my stories are going to be rubbish because I'm so rushed as I am trying to upload every day or every other day. So sorry in advance!

Thank you!

Charlotte

xox