Chapter 4 - Intruder

Start from the beginning

Matteo was walking down the hall, with a seven years old Giotto trailing behind him when he overheard the conversation between his father and his grandfather from the door that wasn't closed properly.

"Are you sure, father? You gave it to Giotto?"

'Give what to Gio?' Matteo thought, arching his eyebrow, before making a short glance at Giotto, who wasn't paying attention but at the surrounding, the part of the mansion that he wasn't allowed to explore before.

Matteo turned his attention back to the two adults' conversation, paying closely. 'Why did they give more attention to Giotto than me?! I am the heir!' Matteo thought, gritting his teeth.

"Yes, Enrico. Unlike what I felt from your son, Giotto's flame is stronger"

"But, father, Giotto is still young! Please consider this! I know I couldn't inherit it, and even if I did, it won't be long because of my illness, while Massio and Federico will be in CEDEF, at least let Matteo took the position, until young Giotto is ready!"

"I won't be giving this position to Giotto this fast, Enrico. I will wait until he is 20 before letting him take my position. And if I were to disappear before that dad, Matteo can be the figure head"

"Father...." Matteo could hear his father sighed in defeat, meaning there's no way to change his grandfather's mind.

'What the fck?! You mean I will be just a fcking temporary boss?! Are you fcking kidding me?! All those shtty education and training for me being the boss are useless!!' Matteo had to hold back his urge to break the door and snarled at the adults. 'How dare they?! HOW . DARE . THEY ?!'

"Fratello* ?" A young voice behind him snapped him out of his thought, and immediately turned to the voice, which belonged to his cousin, who was staring at him questioningly. "Are you okay?"

'Am I okay? Am I Okay?! You stole my supposed-to-be-mine position, you little piece of sht!!' "I am okay, Gio, let's go explore more around this place" Matteo faked-smile at Giotto, who nodded happily. "Un!"

Tsuna watched as Matteo lead young Giotto through the hall, before he gasped in disbelieved, widening his eyes. Did he just freaking saw Matteo shoved the distracted Giotto to the storage room?! Giotto still lacked the height to open that damn door! And did that brat just pretended to not to hear Giotto's shout, pretending to look for him when he purposely walked away?! How dare he?!

Tsuna was fuming, swinging his chair everywhere as if hitting an imaginary Matteo. Said brat even came back 2 hours later with a fake panic decorating on his face. The nerve of him!

The scenes played were quite similar, where Giotto would 'accidentally' ended up getting lost or getting trapped in a storage room or any other dangerous rooms, before Matteo came to his rescue few hours later. And the worst thing was young Giotto saw Matteo as his hero who kept saving him from the dark.

"Why?! Uncle Giotto, you stupid idiot!--"

~~~~~

Somewhere in the mansion, Giotto, who was drinking coffee, sneezed, spatting said coffee in the process directly at G, who sat in front of him, right on the poor man's face.

Awkward silence surrounding them, before G pulled out a handkerchief, calmly wiping coffee off of his face.

"...."

"Eer.. G?" Giotto slowly put down his cup.

"What?"

"....I am sorry...?" That came out sounding like a question.