POST-CREDIT SCENE #2

Natasha Romanoff walked back into the hospital room and stopped sharply when she saw the bed was empty. She doubled back outside to see if anyone could have got their hands on the mutant.

Naz was in a coma the doctors believed she wouldn't wake up from. Natasha had heard them tell Tony after which he had had a shouting fit which included mouthing off both Loki and Steve.

And yet, so many people knew that Naz was a mutant. Now that they knew people were after mutants, Naz was in constant danger whether unconscious or not. Natasha had wordlessly positioned herself as her guard and it had been quiet.

Until she had got the phone call. A wrong number.

She swore sharply under her breath, who could have got to her?

"Natasha?"

She turned around at the whisper and ran back into the room.

In one corner, stood her friend, pale, bandaged but awake.

"Naz," she choked out. Running a hand over her face, she quickly closed the door behind her. "You scared the shit out of me."

Naz smiled tiredly, "It's not like I died."

"You did!" Nat glared. "Your heart stopped. You weren't breathing." She looked away, "For several seconds. It's good that the medics got there when they did."

Naz walked up to her and hugged her, "You look tired."

"You sound weird."

"I feel weird." She sat down on the bed, "And a bit dizzy." She reached for the panic button beside the bed but Nat pushed her hand away.

"Now, listen carefully to what I have to say. People think you're never going to wake up. The minute word gets out that you're up, you will be in danger. Remember Ajax?"

Naz's lips tightened at the memory, "Not easy to forget, Nat."

"There will be more like that and they will get to you if you do anything stupid." She took a breath, "You will not have a life of your own and I—we—don't want that for you. You didn't choose this path. You deserve to be able to live a normal life. Tony and I knew you would wake up—"

"That's sweet," Naz frowned wondering what Nat was trying to say. This didn't sound very happy.

Nat walked away and picked up one of the bright gold flowers, "He said not to tell you but I don't think you should be in the dark anymore."

Naz touched the flower and felt light-headed at the immense energy that pulsed through her. She drew back, "Loki's magic?"

Nat nodded and spoke before Naz could ask, "He's gone."

There was a tense pause before she spoke up again, "Tony and I knew you would heal. Steve and Thor believed you would but we knew you would. There was, of course, the danger that your body wouldn't be able to handle the magic but it worked well. All you need to do was wake up. Your body is nearly healed."