11. It is not life-threatening, yes?

Loki blinked

Loki blinked. Had he heard what he had heard? He frowned, lines creasing across his forehead but there was no time to think when Naz's gaze dropped from his eyes to his lips challengingly and he leaned forward, pushing her into the wall.

His hands cupped her face as their foreheads touched. He caught his own reflection in her eyes and stopped, body tensing. No, he couldn't do this. Not to her. She was making a mistake. His hands dropped as he tried to remember why this was wrong, tried to dam back the quick beats of his heart that wouldn't be controlled in the face of this, this extraordinary woman.

"Loki..."

It maddened him, the way his name rolled off her lips, so casually, so intensely; they were a freaking paradox. He wanted her, every bit of her, her elusive sorrow, her tender cheer, her warmth, her cold, her.

She forgot what she was going to say when she caught the look in his eyes. She swallowed and reached out slowly and touched his cheek. He leaned against it, still so unsure of all the feelings he could pick off her, all that he didn't deserve, didn't understand.

And she, she held her breath; the moment so fragile, even a breath could fracture it into a million pieces. She traced his lower lip lightly with her fingers and just like that, she stepped forward, on her tiptoes, pulling him closer by his jacket collar and caught his lips with her own.

Her lips could do magic, he could have sworn, because suddenly every thought was blank except for the two of them. They were all that existed and he let the calm wash over him for the merest of seconds before he kissed her back. This here was all they had and right then, it did feel like it. Feverish hands roamed over each other's bodies, short breaths, edgy smiles, flushed faces; it was as if they had waited all their lives for this one moment when everything aligned and the world made some kind of sense. He picked her up against the wall and kissed her again and again.

She wrapped her legs around his waist and this time, the kiss was stronger, more enflamed, fuelled by a deeper more intrinsic need, as if anticipating that the stars don't align forever, that if they stopped now, there would be no coming back to this moment and neither of them wanted to leave before feeling the imprint of this against their souls forever.