Chapter 6

**Nic's POV**

When we got to Aubrey's room we were able to hear them laughing from inside.

"Sounds like fun!" Rih whispered to me.

"Tru..." I said as she knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Someone from inside called out.

"Eh. You'll find out when you let us in." Rih said holding in a laugh. We listened as the boys inside whispered about whether or not to let us in.

The door opened....

"Oh haiiii pretty boi." I smiled at the boy who opened the door.

"you know," he blocked the door way and pretended to rub an invisible beard. "Y'all should've announced y'all selves as two pretty girls." He joked as he got out of the way and let us in.

"Ima need names and numbers," He said handing us a piece a paper. "And a date Friday night with one of you." He smiled.

"Damn pretty boi i dont even know ya name." I pushed the paper away.

"Well that can't be anyone but the infamous Onika Maraj. Unless I've been mistaken." Aubrey came out of the bathroom, he had been taken a shower.

"Ayeeee!! its Aubrey" I said pretending to be extremely excited. He came and hugged me for just a bit too long.

"Wassup?" He said finally releasing me.

"You! Why you so damn tall?" I replied.

"Why you so damn short?" he joked throwing me on one of the beds. "Hey Rih" He smiled and they did their handshake.

"Hey Aubrey." She smiled back.

"Pretty boi whats ya name?" I said sitting up on the bed.

"Safaree." he smiled putting his hand out.

"Oh ok." I said ignoring his hand. Then someone knocked on the door. It was Ms. Myrtle. Ugh.

Aubrey let her in and she began speaking,

"Welcome students to day 1 of your college days. I am Ms. M-" she stopped when she realized Rih and I were here. "Oh I see girls, you are socializing already."

"Sort of, we already knew Aubrey," Rih said.

"Oh well that's besides the point. You." She glared at me.

"What about me?" I asked glaring right back at her.

"Come with me now."

"Why?" I protested.

"Lets go!" she raised her voice.

"Excuse you?" I said finally getting up.

"Go to my office first door on the left once you get to the very end of the hall." She directed.

I guess she stayed to finish her introduction. Inside her office she had pictures of her two sons, Jelani and Micaiah. Micaiah was cute, he looked younger than me. Then I saw my name on something, I went to get a closer look. I didn't know what it was it just looked like trash, but it had:
Onika Maraj (Dec. 8); Jordyn/Ryan Maraj (Aug. 24); Alex Maraj (Dec. 25); Kylie Maraj (Jan. 1); José Maraj (July 4); Nathan Maraj () .

I studied it wondering how she had all of our names and birthdays, and who Nathan was and why was there a broken heart where his birthday could've been.

**Rih's POV**

"Did Onika tell you anything yet?" Aubrey said after we had left Safaree to go to me and Nic's room.

"Nahh, we gotta get her to trust us. She can't possibly be happy forreal with so much bottled up inside her. She needs to let some go and at least tell someone." I said, I really feared for Onika.

I looked and saw she had left her phone on her bed, it was ringing.

"Its Casí." I read. "Her little sister." I don't know why I did it, but I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Mommy, I'm leaving school now with Auntie Jordyn and Auntie Ryan." She said.

I dropped the phone!

"What?" Aubrey said picking it up and putting it on speaker phone.

"Thats not her sister." something came over me and I started freaking out. "Its her daughter!"

"What?" He replied just as surprised as I was.

"Mommy? Are you there?" Casí asked through the phone. I took a deep breath.

"Okay Casí." I said trying to sound like Nic.

"You sound sick mommy." Casí said. I scrunched up my nose, she don't like my voice. "Okay bye mommy I love you."

"Love you too."

"MUAHHH"

"MUAHH" I hung up the phone and sat on the bed.

"She been keeping BIG TIME secrets" I looked at Aubrey.

"Yeah, I noticed." He said.

"What are we gonna do?" I groaned. "She's not gonna trust us if she thinks we were snooping through her stuff. And if she finds out we answered her calls."

"We'll figure it out." he assured me and for the first time he hugged me! He was so warm and he held it nice and long. It really made me feel better.