Chapter 1

"Hey Onika!" i heard someone call my name so I turned around. "That is your name right? Sorry I could barely hear it over all that noise in the back of the class." The girl had brown hair, she looked really pretty and had an accent in her voice.

"Yeah I'm Onika, I'm new here. Obviously" I said pushing my hair to the side.

"Oh cool I got it right! My name's Rihanna but you can call me Rih." she said reaching her hand out towards me, i shook it and smiled. "Don't be a stranger! you don't look like the shy type relax I'm pretty chill if you get to know me."

"Well I guess you see right through me." I laughed and she did too.

"Oohhh look! she said pointing towards a boy that was walking by. "That right there is Aubrey. Between you and me..." she giggled and motioned for me to lean towards her. "I think he is hella cute." I looked at Aubrey a few more times and cocked my head to the side.

"I mean, he ain't all that" I joked and she playfully pushed me away and we both sank to the ground against lockers laughing.

"You know Onika," she grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. "You're not too bad for a new kid."

"For a new kid?" I stared at her trying to keep a straight face. "I'm all that and popping!" I said using Rih's shoulder to stand back up.

"Oh I see you, cocky as mess." Rih laughed grabbing my arm to pull herself up. I started walking away before she pulled me back. "Wrong way!" she laughed.

"Oh, where am I supposed to be going?" I started pulling out my schedule.

"Don't worry! I already checked, we have the exact same schedule. Just stay with me and you'll be fine." she said grabbing my hand and guiding me down the hall. "We're late. Ima say I lost you somewhere so we don't get in trouble."

"well okay then.." I agreed as we entered a classroom.