Chap 6

"Emily Margaret Jones! Get your sleeping butt off the bed! Unless  of course you want to be late to your first day of work.”

Like a lightning bolt Emily rushed off the bed and into the shower down the hall, not even bothering with a towel or clothes. Claire simply laughed at her friend and picked up the clothes she had pulled last night along with a towel that was casually laying on the dresser and headed to the bathroom after her.

"Em, you forgot clothes, unless you plan to go to work in your birthday suit. Which I wouldn't blame you for, because have you seen your Mr Redwood? Yum" Claire rambled from outside the door.

"My middle name isn't Margaret, that would be you." Emily sneered as she stuck her head out of the door and glared at her friend once again only to be rewarded with a smile, clothes and a towel.

"I'll pack you lunch, go get ready. You have about 30 minutes before you have to leave, Sleeping Beauty."   Emily's eyes widen at the time and she slammed the door once again.

"Keys, phone, purse, wallet?"  Claire asked as Emily stood by the door.

"Check, check, check and hang on...check." Emily pointed to each item checking it off as she went. She was not one to forget things, but her brain was hazy with nerves not only was this her first big job but she would be working at Redwood Inc. She couldn't wait to call home and tell Ethan that she had somehow scored the job of a lifetime.

"Ok here's your lunch, drive safe. I'll see you back here for dinner, honey." Claire teased guiding her to the door and slamming it shut behind her.

Emily was partially stunned, but laughed as she headed down to her car. It was a twenty minute drive to work, but she had to account for traffic and the parking situation.

At exactly 7:55 she was standing in the lobby. The natural light entering the building from the large glass wall made the place look surreal. While most lobbies were sterile, this one had dark green walls and a beautiful wood floors.  Potted plants adorned the area while the receptionist desk as well as the rest of the furniture were a sleek black, blending perfectly with the surroundings.

Emily pulled out her phone, checked the floor she was meeting Daliah at and headed to the elevators. She had four minutes until she was late and punctuality was important to her specially on the first day.

 She had four minutes until she was late and punctuality was important to her specially on the first day

"Blake listen to me, just take Sam for now. He is extremely efficient and can help train EJ or whoever it is you hired." Daliah begged as she and Blake sat in his office. Currently she was suggesting he borrow her PA while she trained Emily. Her plan was to eventually swap back and have Emily be so good that Blake would have no choice but to keep her over any EJ.

"Why can't we keep doing what we are doing, Dall? " Blake begged, he contemplated pulling the puppy eyes again, but two days in a row was a asking for trouble.

"Because. I am sick of being your PA as well as VP. Do you have any idea how much work that entails? I not only have to sit thru my meetings I also have to sit thru yours and take notes." She argued back, her work wasn't bad it was keeping track of Blake that gave her a headache most of the time. For someone as successful as he was, he was a disorganized wreck.

"Fine, just for a few months. Then you can have him back, and I can hire EJ." Daliah sighed, there was no arguing with a man like Blake but for the time she would take whatever she could get.

"Great, I have to go now, Emily should be here soon!" With a happy bounce to her step she walked out of office and straight into a girl.

Emily looked up the the woman she had run into. Her eyes wide in recognition, she was hottie from the dinners  baby mama. Which meant she would be seeing him again and at the thought of that her cheeks flushed a light pink. There was no way she could forget the wink he gave her on the way out.

"Oh I'm so sorry, sweetheart." Daliah apologized to the girl she had never seen. She smiled at the new girl, noticing  that they were wearing almost the same dress before laughing.

Emily was confused. Was this woman laughing at her? Sensing her confusion Daliah pointed at her dress,  then made a back and forth motion between the two. Emily's eyes widen once more realizing what was implying and joined in on the joke.

The cleaning of someone's throat brought them back out of the moment. Daliah simply rolled her eyes and walked down the hall to her office signaling for Emily to follow. Emily blushed, and hurried after her employer, but not before looking up at the person who interrupted. Her face instantly paled as she came face to face with who she assumed was Dalilah's husband.

Blake looked at the girl before him, something about her was familiar but he couldn't figure out what it was. The elevator dinged and as it was closing he looked back to the girl, giving her a smile and a wink.

~~~~~~~~~~~

And that is why you hire Kenny.
Stop winking at random girls!!😛❤❤
Vote, comment, share