"We'll go." Peter said sternly, his eyes moving from mine to my mother's.

My eyebrows creased together in confusion. He hated parties.

"Gwen's having a birthday party at her house on Friday." There it was. He had been obsessed with Gwen for the longest time and now he was using me as an excuse to go to her snobby party. He obviously wanted to get closer to Gwen, and unfortunately I got caught in the middle of it all.

"Great! It'll be good for you guys; you need to get out of the house more." May exclaimed, her bright smile making an appearance.

At this comment, Peter snickered under his breath. What was so funny?

All the weirdness aside, the dinner ended soon after that. I remained muddled and slightly mad for most of the night but I decided to go along with it, out of curiosity perhaps. Peter had captured my attention this evening for reasons I was yet unable to explain.

~

Observing my every feature in the mirror, I figured it was the best I could do. After slipping on a small black dress and letting my chocolate coloured locks fall to my waist, I applied a bit of makeup and decided that was enough effort for what was probably going to be a terrible night.

The night of Gwen's party soon approached. My mom and Aunt May watched a chick flick at our place so once I was done getting ready, I grabbed my purse and headed out the door after saying bye to the both of them. Even though I'd much rather stay home, I had to admit, it felt nice to dress up. They didn't throw house parties at Xavier's, probably because we all lived in the same house.

Within a few seconds, Peter also left his own apartment. Locking the door behind him, he turned to face me, shoving his hands into his jean pockets, his hair was ten times neater than it usually was, but a small lock still fell over his eye.

I just didn't get it. Me and Peter briefly knew each other, and even if we did, it was years ago. I'm sure there must have been another way he was wanting to spend his Friday night rather than going to some lame party with the likes of me.

His lips parted as he approached the spot where I stood, wide eyed as his brown orbs trailed over my form.

"Wow, you look- "He began.

"Cut the crap, Peter." I snapped, not interested in hearing any pansy flattery come from his mouth. "Why are we going to this party?"

I was in no mood for games. If I was simply a prop tonight, I wanted to know.

He looked a little taken back by my sudden outburst, but an almost nervous expression overtook his visage. "I just thought it'd be fun." He cleared his throat and started walking down the stairs.

Huffing a sigh, I grudgingly followed behind him, my small heels tapping along the staircase. He was perhaps the most complicated person I had ever met.

"You hate parties." My eyebrows formed a quizzical shape as I tried to keep up with him.

"They wouldn't have stopped until we agreed." Peter simply shrugged as we reached the bottom of the stairs and proceeded out of the building.

I accepted that he didn't want to answer, so the entire journey from catching the cab to getting out at Gwen's huge house, we remained silent. After he paid the cab driver, I walked beside him up to the house with blasting music pouring from its grand windows. The whole way there I was just confused about the entire situation, but it wasn't until we had reached the destination that I worked up the courage to finally ask.

"Still like Gwen, huh?" My voice was soft, in comparison to my previous harsher tone, keeping my head low as way made our way up to the front door. For some reason, I had to know.

He turned his head to face me as we walked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"That's why we're here right? For Gwen."

"What? No I don't like Gwen." He spoke fast and shook his head. "Sure I had a small crush on her a few years back, but she's not my type."

He seemed different. The Peter I remembered would do anything for Gwen, but he seemed to brush this off as if it was nothing. I would remember him drooling over her every time she walked past in the halls, or taking pictures of her when he thought no one was looking.

"Then why are we going to her party?" I turned to face him as we stood at the entrance where the front doors were wide open, filled to the brim with people, my tone beginning to become laced with annoyance.

"I thought it'd be fun, you know with you," He then quickly added "... a-and everyone else."

"Right." It still didn't seem to add up to me.

Then Peter and I gazed on at the masses of people inside the house. With neither of us having much experience in the field of partying, it seemed like a hell of a lot of people.

Most were already drunk out of their minds while others were dancing provocatively or acting like wild animals. Nothing about this scenario was pleasing, it just wasn't my forte, and I didn't think it was Peter's either.

Then, I felt his hand reach down for my own.