Shaking his head, Chase followed behind him.

"No one mention I blew up a boat when the others wake up, alright?" Angus asked while he and the others passed by the common room

Chase rolled his eyes. Idiot.

"You blew up a boat?" someone from inside the room asked.

They all froze just outside the door.

Chase peered at the person in the room. It was Lucky Locklear, the group's resident medic specialist and Angus' best friend from home. His ability involved creating fields of transparent energy that were strong enough to stop a mortar shell.

He wasn't too great at fighting, though, which was why he didn't go on too many combat-heavy missions.

Lucky, clad in deer-themed pajama pants, was sitting on a couch in the common room with two others.

Angus rubbed the back of his neck as he entered the room. "It was an accident."

"Looks like someone still needs to work on his aim," Lucky said with a small smile.

His friend rolled his eyes and took a seat next to him.

Chase remembered the day they both arrived at The Acropolis. They had been one of the first people to exhibit abilities following the incident. Once they were on Atlas' radar, they were invited to join the program.

They both hailed from Omaha, Nebraska and had been friends since primary school. Lucky grew up on the Native American reservation down the road from the farm Angus' family owned.

Chase didn't mind Lucky too much. He was quiet and friendly and always followed orders. It was his chubby, orange-haired friend who gave him the most grief.

Sighing, the blond followed the others into the common room. His eyes lit up after he spotted Stella sitting on the edge of a sofa. His girlfriend sprang from her seat and rushed over to him. He beamed at her and swept the girl into a hug.

"Gross," Emily protested.

"You're just jealous," Kai told her. Emily simply rolled her eyes as her cheeks reddened.

"How'd it go?" Stella asked after Chase set her down.

He shrugged. "It went alright. We got him." He arched an eyebrow at her. "What're you doing up so late? It's like four a.m."

"I was here first, by the way," someone said from the kitchen. "Lucky and Stella must've followed me in here."

Chase turned to look at Danai Jones, one of Atlas' first recruits after The Incident. The eighteen-year-old was a self-described anarchist and a Theo-described conspiracy theorist. After videos of her hovering in the air while vandalizing corporate buildings surface on the net, Director Shaw sent a few agents to pay her a visit.