Sarah

"SARAH!!!" My dad called upstairs. "SARAH!!!"

I knew it would be better to get it over with than keep trying to block out the noise. I got up and checked the time. 4:23am.

I slapped my forehead and groaned. What is this old man doing at 4 in the morning yelling up the stairs. I walked downstairs.

"Dad." I said. "You do understand people are sleeping, right?"

"Well you wouldn't wanna miss saying good by to your old man, wouldn't you?" He asked.

I totally forgot.

I jumped into his arms.

"Love you dad!"

"Love you my precious angel."

I hugged him so tight. It was difficult saying goodbye. I hadn't been alone in the house without him ever. When my mom left me and Jeff and moved to Chicago, Jeff and my dad were the only thing I had left.

When Jack came along, he was like a second brother to me. He was there when Jeff died from a car crash. It's all because there was no stop sign to stop him from getting hit by the other car. Jack spent the nights with me so that I wouldn't be lonely. Now that he's moved...and dad's going out on buisness, I have no one.

"Okay sweetie." Dad said.

I let go. He started walking to the door and grabbed his jacket from the closet.

"There's 200 dollars on the counter for you to use." I nodded. "Call me if there's any emergencies."

"Got it dad."

He gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you so so much."

"I love you too Dad!"

He then smiled and shut the door. I then locked it.

I went and sat on the couch.

~ding dong~

I got up and ran to the door.

"Jack!" I yelled.

"What?"

It was my dad.

"Oh..." I said.

"I forgot my car keys."

I grabbed them from of the counter and handed them to him. He then left and I locked the door.

I really thought it was Jack. Like the old times. When he would ring the doorbell right when my dad left.

I miss him so much. I've mistakened so many things because I thought of him. I got up and ran upstairs. Sleep was something else on my mind.

~Time Skip~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I totally forgot I still have to go to school. I checked the time. It was 5:30 am. I got up and got ready. Another day of school, or as me and Jack used to call it, another day of Hell.

I walked downstairs and grabbed the money off the counter and put it in my bag. I grabbed my car keys and the house keys, then went to school.

~Time Skip~

I arrived at school and walked in. I went to my locker and put everything away. There was hardly anything to do at school anymore.

~Ring~

Ugh...the bell. I walked to class. I had English. I had every class with Jack. Now, I have no classes with Jack.

I walked in and took a seat. Everyone stared at me as if something happened. James just kept staring.

"Oh my gosh James!" I said. "Can I help you? Can I help any of you?"

"I'm sorry for your loss." James said. "But your taking it pretty well though."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "What are you saying?"

"Oh yes." Ms. Andrews said. "Sarah, Im so sorry, I saw it on the news this morning. You must be devastated."

"Why?"

"Here let me turn on this mornings news." She said. "If it's okay with you."

"Okay?" I was so confused. "Wait what are you guys talking about?"

"You didn't watch the news?" Gabe said from across the room.

"Me? Watch the news?" I said. "Technically you haven't known me enough to ask me a question like that."

"Found it." Ms. Andrews said.

"Found what!?" I said.

"The news."

"This better not be boring."

"You don't know." James said. "Do you?"

"Don't know what!?" I said. "Can someone please explain to me what's-"

"Just watch." Ms. Andrews said.

She played the video and the lady began talking.

"Hello this is Pennsylvania news." She said. "We are here at a serious accident. Where a lays delivery truck was going back to LA early in the morning. The lays delivery man had fell asleep causing the truck to knock a 47 year old man off the freeway. The 47 year old man that goes by the name Larry Atkins, his son Jeff Atkins passed a couple of months ago from a car accident leaving him and his daughter Sarah Atkins. Our prayers go out to Sarah Atkins this morning for the sad death of her father Larry Atkins. Not only that, but our prayers go out to Randy Gomez who is currently in critical condition and the Gomez family. Back to you Matthew."

"Thank you Alissa." He said. "And yes our prayers do go out to..."

Ms. Andrews stopped the video. Everyone stared at me. I was crying. Why, why did it have to be me?

I turned around to Jack's seat and wished he was there to talk to. For him to get up and comfort me. But he wasn't.

"Ms. Andrews?" I said trying to breath. "Can I step out for a minute."

"Yes." She said. "Take as long as you'd like."

I got up and ran out. My tears dropping one by one, quickly. I shut the door and sunk down to the ground. I tucked in my knees and cried.

"Stupid stop sign! Stupid Band! Stupid Lays Truck!" I thought.

I sat there for a couple of minutes. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and opened it. The picture of me and Jack shined bright. It was the day when I told him to give me a piggy back ride home because I was tired to walk. My dad took that picture.

I sat there thinking about all of them. I tried calling Jack's number again. No answer. I tried texting him. A million times.

Me: Jack?
Me: Hello?
Me: Ur probably busy.
Me: sorry
Me:I'll try later.
Me:love you.
Me: hope ur having fun.
Me: bye❤

My heart sank just thinking about all of this. My mind was so full. I was so stressed.

"Forever gone, but always remembered."