4 - Adjusting to the college ( Pg 1 )

Sam's POV

I walked down the hallway humming to myself. My body was aching from the dancing since I didn't dance for a while.

And my college time wasn't bad as I once thought. It's been a week since I've been to the college and I was happy with Dee's company at both college and hotel.

I was in a good mood and enjoyed my day. And I knew Jake was happy and satisfied for me.

I turned to the lunch area and instantly saw Dee sitting in a corner with few other first year students.

" Hey! You're late." Dee yelled as I made my way to her but I smacked in to a hard body making me wince.

My shoulder was aching. I must look at that later.

" Sorry.." I mumbled but an arm caught me.

" What happened to your shoulder?" Suddenly the familiar voice swept over me. I immedietly made a smiling face. I didn't want him to worry over a little strain.

" Josh... No. I'm fine. Bye." I made a bee line around him and rushed to Dee's side.

She had her eyebrows raised while I took my lunch tray from her.

" You know the guy?" She frowned at me. I watched her then glaring face confusely.

" They have a history at high school." Another friend, Lina mumbled snickering at her long time friend.

" And what sort of history?" I turned to the girl who was avoiding my gaze.

And the devil himself appeared and sat beside me. Josh followed our gaze to the shorty, as we call her.

" Oh! Hello fire cracker." He grinned at the girl like they were long lost friends. Maybe...

Dee gave him a sweet glare. " Do I know you?" Maybe enemies I think as I watched them.

" Do you need a reminder, cup cake? For that we'll need a closet and...." Josh trailed making kissing sounds.

Dee's face turned red and she sent draggers to the guy.

" Just leave me alone, Josh. Why don't you go and play around with your arrogant friends and bimbo girls. Nobody wants you here at this table." Dee gushed at the guy and Josh sighed dramatically.

He turned to me but I too agreed with Dee.

" Okay. I'm going. And I'll wait for you today, girlfriend." He kissed my hair and patted my face before leaving.

" Ugh!" I groaned as I felt a lot of gazes on me.

" He's your boyfriend? Or else why would he come to this table, right? I'm sorry if I offended you." Dee started to ramble. And I had to smile at her reaction.

" No. He's not my boyfriend. He's my brother." I informed her.

" But... You're same age. He doesn't have a sister." Dee stared at me confusely.

" I was adopted to the family." I explained to her. That got her paused and then she blinked understanding it.

" Oh! Wow..."

" And it seems like I have to go home after college. Mmmm... Do you wanna hang out with me?" I asked her a bit of hesitantly.

And I really wanted a distraction to Josh so he won't go prankstar on me.

Dee beamed at me. " Really? Is that okay with you?" Her anger forgoten as she grinne widely.

" Yap."

" Then it's a deal." We shook our hands smiling.

My phone rang just as I took a bite from my pizza. I looked at the screen and immedietly my happy mood broke to a numb mood.

I got up from my table and walked away answering the phone.

" Hey, where are you going?" Dee called after me.

" I'll be back soon." I called back and vanished in to an empty hallway.

" You sound busy." His voice washed over me making me fist my hand.

" What do you want now?" I gritted my teeth. Those blue eyes must be smirking at the other end of the line.

" An empty hall. Fisting your hands... Am I that much ticking you, sexy?" His words made me turn around.

There he was. Standing few feets away from me. Leaning against the wall and staring at me with those piercing eyes.

His long hair was over those eyes making him more handsome. One hand in the pocket of the trouser. Lips quirked up to a smirk.

My face went blank as I stared at the man. " And here I thought you were a poor maid. But you're a student here... Nice." He whispered to the phone.

I turned away from the guy biting my lip. " My personal life is none of your business." I scoffed.

" Maybe... I now wonder why I didn't do a background check on you." He frowned.

" I'm glad. And there's nothing interesting to you. I'm doing the job correctly. That's all you need to worry about." I warned the man. I didn't want him to risk my family.

" Ah... The job. We got another few tips. We'll have works to do." He informed me and I nodded my head. I was okay with that.

" Sure. Tell me the time."

" Tonight. I want you to break in to this house. And there's a grand party. Obviously a ball. And you suit to the idea." He chuckled softly.

" And my lord, I need a partner to escort me there." I rolled my eyes and turned my gaze to him.

He tucked his head to the side and grinned at me.

" And you're standing in front of him, my lady."

Before I answer him I heard foot steps and I turned away from him looking at my phone screen like I was occupied.

"Sammy there you are... I knew you would escape me..." Josh appear